-Four-

TW: talk about nightmares, loss of loved ones, panic, and bad self-confidence

I looked at Ranboo's outfit. He wore a black dress shirt, his purple crystal glinting at his collar. Like me, ranboo had a necklace he kept on daily.

It was one I had gotten him. My parents had broken a crystal in the process of an investigation and I had saved a shard, giving it to Ranboo the next time I met him.

He wore black pants and his elf-like ears had silver earrings in them. Ranboo, like Tubbo, was not fully human. He was half enderman and half something else. I hadn't figured out his other half and ranboo didn't know.

He had trouble with his memory, often forgetting things and waking me up at night crying. I witnessed his tears leave scars on his face many nights, holding him and recounting the days until he remembered. There were times when he was under lots of pressure where he would slip into ender-speak, but I knew how to speak it, so it was often more than not, fine.

His black and white hair was parted at the center, curled at the ends. Ranboo never showed visible skin. He wore gloves on his hands, black and white ones. He wore long pants and long-sleeved shirts.

I had been the only one he'd shown his hands to. They were black and white, just like his face. Like mine, they were scratched and scarred. Ranboo had his gloves to cover them with, but I normally stuck to fingerless gloves and long-sleeved dresses.

On a special night like tonight, I'd let my hands show for the outfit, only if I wanted to. Nobody pressed or forced me, I was grateful for that.

"We're here" Ranboo whispered. I looked up, sure enough, we were in front of the door.

I pushed the doors open, slipping in before Ranboo. Wilbur was there, dressed the same, but clean and more put together. Tommy was wearing a red dress shirt that suited his complexion very well. Phil was in the same clothes as earlier, Kristen had changed into a fancier dress and was wearing beautiful pieces of jewelry.

Technoblade was wearing the same clothes as before but hadn't worn his mask. His pink hair was braided and his ears, looking similar to Ranboo's were covered with piercings.

Kristin grinned at me.

"You looked amazing Freya," she gushed. I grinned slightly, taking my seat beside her. Ranboo sat next to Wilbur and me. Techno sat next to Tubbo, staring at the ruby ring on his finger.

"As do you, Kristin, that necklace is beautiful" I complimented, my mind only half-listening.

A servant came and placed a plate full of food in front of me. He'd done the same for Ranboo, but I wasn't sure either of us would finish.

"Lovely dress Ady," Wilbur commented, flashing me a smile.

"You don't look half bad either Wil" I retorted, forcing a smile. Wilbur laughed. Phil grinned cheerfully at me.

"Right, eat up everyone, we'll do much talking after dinner" Phil stated. With that, we ate. Ranboo picked at his plate, taking small bites.

I watched him, concerned.

"Are you alright?" I asked in a low voice. Ranboo nodded, unable to meet my gaze. I spooned a bit of scalloped potato into my mouth.

Dinner passed without much excitement, but that changed once we went to the ballroom.

It was called a ballroom, but with all of the furniture in there, I wouldn't be sure whether it still counted as one.

I sat next to Wilbur and Ranboo. Phil and Kristen were listening to Tommy and Tubbo explain something to them.