-Thirty two-

TW: Drunk behavior, threatening, blood, fright, panic, and angst(romance and violent)

Techno and I were currently sitting in the library, discussing what Dream had told me. This was a good excuse to stay far away from Schlatt, who had been staring at me and Niki constantly. He might have recognized Niki, but there was no way the stupid man knew it was me under the mask and cloak.

"So he told you how he did it... but he doesn't understand how he did it?" Techno asked, trying to make sense of what I just told him.  I nodded. Techno's brows furrowed, half-hidden by his mask. "They have quieted down," he informed me. 

I was about to reply when the doors burst open with a loud bang. I sprung up, dagger in hand. 

"What the bloody hell are you doing?" I muttered at the figure who entered the room. It was Schlatt. The library was big, so I told Technoblade to wait a moment. I met Schlatt at the entrance.

"The king exects you down in the meeting hall," I told him, still holding my dagger. Schlatt seemed to ignore my words. Swaggering and stumbling to get to me, he set his crazed eyes on me. 

"Pretty Freya" Schlatt slurred, laughing softly at the end of my name. I snarled. He reached out to touch my arm, missing by a few inches. I stepped back. 

"You're sick," I spat. Schlatt frowned, narrowing his eyes. 

"Careful darlin, you don't talk rudely to me, you know that" he chided, smiling darkly. He gripped my forearm. 

My breath hitched, I tried pulling away but he latched on tighter. His fingers, surprisingly strong, squeezed my arm in warning. "The way you spoke to me the other day," he started, sounding soberer than before. "I should not reward that behavior," he chuckled. 

"Get off me" I growled, trying again to free my arm. 

The nail of his index finger pricked my arm, deep enough to draw blood. I stared at Schlatt. 

"Watch your tone girl, you don't want me to mess with your pretty friend Niki don't you?" he threatened, slurring again. "I'd make a wig with those pretty pink locks of hers" he grinned. I froze. 

"Don't touch her, I'll kill you if you lay a damn finger on her" I growled. Schlatt shook his head. 

"You will do no such thing" he scoffed. 

I yanked my arm free, rubbing it. 

"Lucky lucky," Schlatt mused. His hand found my neck faster than humanly possible. I closed my eyes, inhaling as much air as I could. "One wrong move... and your neck snaps" he drawled. I glowered at him. 

"Let go of me" I demanded, opening my eyes. 

"I don't-" Schlatt began, but someone cut him off. 

"Let her go," the voice said. I perked up, Techno. Schlatt's twisted smile widened. 

"Prince Technoblade" he greeted, dragging his words. Techno didn't smile back.

"Let her go," he said again, enunciating each word. "I have personal affairs with Freya, and if you don't get your filthy hands off her, I will tell the king of all your wrongdoings" he stated. "You forget Jschlatt, that I know what you've done, I am very aware of the problems you've caused for my family," he said with a small grin. 

Schlatt let the grip he hand on my neck go and left the library without so much as a glance back. 

I sighed, rubbing my neck. 

"Thank you," I said gratefully to Technoblade. 

"It's no problem, are you hurt?" Techno replied. He looked down at my arm. "You're bleeding," he points out.