Epilogue

Epilogue

I was having a good sleep, I was just laying down on the bed when Miles called. I thought he's out of the country so I'm not sure what's urgent of his call is. I got up from bed and answered his call. It's too early in the morning. How come he would be calling me at this early morning?

Is he nuts?

"Hello?" he started. "Heikenz? Are you awake now?"

I sighed. "Obviously, I am now... what are you calling for in early this morning, Miles? You know I'm still not gonna have a threesome with your husband if that's what you're gonna ask. I'm gonna have to reject you right away."

"Uh... what the hell, Heikenz?" he sounded so confused. "That was just a joke and shouldn't be treated seriously. Why would we be having a threesome with you? Are you kidding me, Heikenz?"

"Well... what can I say? You called me at this hour, what can I think of?"

He grunted over the phone. "Anyway, good morning and I'm sorry for bothering you early at this hour. But I've met new friends here in the airport."

"Oh! You just got back here in Thailand? I thought you're still overseas that's why you're bothering me. So, what's with your friends? How can I be a help in this situation? How are you making friends in the airport now?"

"Yes, and they're good people. They'll be here in Bangkok for a week and I thought you'll be the best person to be in this position so I thought of you."

"And what's my role here?"

"You'll be their tour guide for a week and I know it's your side job so you really suit in this position."

"Oh, okay... what if I had a client this week and how should I do this?"

"But you don't have a client for this week, right?" he asked, his tone seems hopeful.

"Why can't you do it? You're the one who proposed it to them so maybe you could do it for yourself."

"I'm busy, Heikenz. I have my day job and I don't have time touring people around. But I know you can, you needed some extra money, right? This could be it. You're saving up some money that's why you took this side job. You should get this client. I think you'll make a huge amount to this."

"For real?"

"Yes, for real."

I let out a sigh. "Okay, fine. When this would start? Are you with them now? What should I do? What do they like to do or what else?"

"I'll just give you their number. His name is Andrew. I will also give your number to him so he could reach out to you as well. So, with finality, I'm asking you... would you take this side job or not?"

"Okay, fine. Let's do this. Give me their number and give them my number. I'll talk to them and see what I can do."

Miles giggled over the phone. "Thank you so much, Heikenz! Please be in contact with them. I'll see you around. Bye."

When he dropped the call and send me their contact details which I hesitated at first whether to drop it or not. I know I needed the money basically because I've been saving up for my future. I know my future isn't here in Bangkok.

I've been living here for my whole life and when I've got the chance to be an exchange student abroad, overseas life was immaculate. I wanted to come back there. I wanted to work there and live there for my whole life and leave all the miserable things back here in Bangkok.

It's just that my life can't be found in this place, so I'm going to accept this side job and save some money.

Later on, I called this guy named Andrew and agreed to meet them at their hotel. And when I did, meeting Andrew and his African-Filipino friend, Caroline is gonna be a good company on this tour. And when I told them about the trips we could do, they were so excited and going to beaches and all. Though as they've only got a week and Bangkok is the only place on their itinerary so to what I know, we could only go in Bangkok.