TAWOG Movie Ideas Chapter 2: The World Building

Edit: 2022/12/16: Edited this chapter by extending certain information, removing outdated concepts, and fixed some grammar errors.

Before we move onto the themes and the actual story, let's discuss the world building for this movie (in my head) because in order to understand some plot elements, you need to know the worlds outside of the series' and The Void. Obviously being a TV movie it won't have enough time to fully flesh out these worlds but I try my best to make them useful to the plot.

Probably they will change visually if they use my essays as their partial template for the more serious and epic parts of the movie, but as long as it won't have a bland or off feel to them, I'll be fine with them.

Let's get started with the familiar worlds we've seen in the show and then the one I made up for the story.

The World of Elmore:

We're already familiar with the world where the show takes place in for 90% of the time, so you could guess for most of the movie we only spend time there in the beginning of the film. After the introduction of the film which partially explains the events after the episode "The Future", the ones before and after the episode "The Inquisition"

After a dialogue from the main kids we get a tense destruction scene where Barbara's painting which shows the Wattersons running from the destruction. While that happens Lori managed to get there and save everyone and put them to a place (it could be a building or anything big) where they can recover from the events.

 As sad as it is, the world will be fixed once The Creator returns to the place as the leader and put their home back to normal, which we will discuss a little later.

This plot point is true for both versions of the story.

The Void:

We have seen The Void but it never been flashed out, which is a little disappointing because I PERSONALLY wanted to know how it was created and why it partially antagonizes everyone. But in order to fill that emptiness, I decided to write more about it so we all understand it better.

The Void originally never been the place where cancelled shows go, unless if audiences truly hated them. It also served as a garbage can for things that were unnecessary and didn't had a purpose.

The Void is useful when it's in the right hands (To make things easier, it was originally The Alpha's) but since The Hacker and his programs took over they decided to take control of it in order to attack other worlds.

For the movie, they explain The Void in short. That if it's in the right hands, it's harmless. And that not everything here should qualified as a mistake even though The Hacker and the programs think so. We also spend time there at the final battle.

The Guardians' Realm/Behind The Scenes/The Network:

After the chit chat and comical shenanigans in The Void, we finally get to a world I completely made up: The Guardians' Realm, or Behind The Scenes, or The Network.

The best way to describe it visually, that it's basically a labyrinth with cyber like textures around it (Kinda like a chip) with mainly black and darker shades of blue and green as the main color.

Later on, I decided to give it a more complex design and a new name, that being "The Network". Living by it's new name, it's made out to be complexly built vires connecting to Each Realm. Giving it a sea anemone like look to it.

It's middle is the Realm part. A mixture of Ancient Mythology and Cyber elements. Such as featuring a great temple in jade color, which is covered by similar small colorful chip textures (maybe forming some shapes which resemble certain guardians' species as Easter eggs), a glowing pool which in the "water" is made up by bits, and probably plants which are also uniquely shaped for extra eye candy. Of course probably it will mainly serve just for the pretty visuals, but we also spend time here for the middle and the character conflict of the film.

In there, few of Lori's siblings live there who are responsible to protect the Realm.

In the temple, there are objects which are similar to the ones which The Van Shop Keeper Guy sells, with a few missing (guess where are the rest).

That's about the things I wanted to establish in this chapter in order to make everyone understand both versions of the story a little better. The next chapter will be about the themes and the story (1st version) itself, I'm trying to write it with enough detail in order so everyone understands what's going on. It'll be a long ride so I'll take a long time writing it.