c h a p t e r / t w o

thank you guys SO MUCH for all the love & comments on chapter one!!

i love writing this story so far and it makes me so happy that y'all love it too.

this chapter's kinda long, so i'm sorry for that :/ i couldn't decide where to split it up into two chapters so i just didn't.

THANK YOU AGAIN FOR EVERYTHING <333
i love y'all so much & i'm so excited to read y'all's comments and write ch. 3 :DD
ENJOY! -katie <3

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

𝘣 𝘳 𝘪 𝘦 𝘭 𝘭 𝘦

I slide my empty milkshake cup back and forth between my hands, feeling slightly awkward in the silence between myself and Kiara.

She turns to me after a minute. "Hey," I look at her now, too. "If we're gonna be friends, I gotta know if I can call you Bri?" A soft grin appears on her face.

"Course," I chuckle. "Bri, Elle, Ella... any of those I'm cool with." My dad only ever calls me Bri, but I've always tried to offer up Elle or Ella to people I've just met for a potential change. It's always just Bri, though. I've always thought that my full first name sounds cooler with my last name, Maletsatsi, but I don't really like when people call me Brielle all the time.

"Sweet," Kiara replies. "You can call me Kie. Or Kiara is fine, but everyone pretty much calls me Kie."

I let out a quiet giggle. "Bri and Kie! It's meant to be." Okay, maybe this girl isn't faking her kindness. I'm still not sure about those boys, though.

"See, we're besties already!" She sits up from her leaning position and stretches her arms back as a man appears in the kitchen window.

"Food's ready, baby." He nods his head to Kie.

"Be right back. Don't move!" She shouts to me as she rushes to the window and somehow manages to pick up the three cups and massive plate all in one go. "Thanks dad!" She says to the man. Family business, I remind myself. Not just a random man calling a seventeen year old girl "baby".

As she balances the dishes in her arms, Kie looks at me and motions to the boys' booth with her head. "C'mon."

I get up from my stool and follow her to the table, keeping a solid distance between the two of us. She loudly clears her throat and the boy who I've gathered to be Pope looks up and lets out a sigh of relief. "Finally." He says.

Kie begins to set the three different milkshakes down in front of the boys, and I can tell that this is a routine that the four must go through many times a week. The brunette boy looks up as he hears the dishes hit the table and lets out the same sound of relief. "This is why we love you, Kie." He tells her as he reaches for a french fry before she even gets a chance to set the plate down. He winks at her and bites into the fry while giving Kie a toothy grin. I don't think any of them have noticed me yet.

"Unless it's a hot girl or food, I'm not interested." Declares the blond boy, keeping his eyes closed. So I was right about him being a dick. Still hot, though.

Kiara raises her eyebrows at him and even though he can't see her, she gives him a 'seriously?' look. She rolls her eyes and can't help but chuckle as she shakes her head. "Well JJ, what if I told you," She begins as she loudly places the pink milkshake in front of the blond. If nothing else, at least he's got a good taste in milkshakes. "It's actually both?" Kie quickly glances at me and flashes me a big closed-mouth smile before looking back at the boys.

"Dude, unless you've got Gigi Hadid standing in front of us right now, there's no w-" So his name is JJ. He opens his eyes mid-sentence and makes immediate eye contact with me. He then looks quickly to Kie, then to Pope, and back to me. "Well, I'll be damned." JJ mutters, finding it hard to believe that both a hot girl an-