c h a p t e r / f o u r

CHAPTER FOURRR HERE WE GO!!!

thank you guys so much for all the love on chapter three!! it wasn't my favorite but i'm glad y'all enjoyed :D

this one's gonna be a good one ;)) it sets up for an even better chapter 5!!! again thank y'all for everything on the story so far i'm having so much fun writing it <33

enough from me go read!!! i'll see y'all in the commentssss i love you xoxo

ENJOY!! -katie <3

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

b r i e l l e 

Waking up at the unnecessarily early hour of 7 this morning due to the sound of dad making god knows what in the blender, I take one of my throw pillows from the floor and cover my ears with it. Somehow I manage to fall back asleep for another three and a half hours, and this time I wake up to the pleasant smell of freshly cut grass outside my window and chocolate chip pancakes in the kitchen. 

I slink out of my bed and into the kitchen where dad is back at work on his laptop. I feel bad for the guy, he's always pushing himself so hard to work all the time. "Morning," I say mid-yawn, sticking a few pancakes onto a plate and coating them with maple syrup. 

"Morning, love." Dad catches my yawn. "How'd you sleep?"

"Good," I reply, completely avoiding the fake scenario I made up in my head before I went to sleep last night about hanging out with Kie and the boys. "You?"

"Eh, y'know." That means he did not sleep well. I make an 'I'm sorry' face and sit down across from him at the kitchen island again, propping one of my feet up on the stool that I'm on.

"These pancakes are good," I compliment dad's cooking skills as I take another bite of my breakfast. He doesn't answer, but I don't bother to repeat myself cause I know this is one of those days when he can't afford to be interrupted. I scroll through my phone and scarf down the rest of my pancakes before heading back to my bedroom.

I still have an hour before I'm supposed to meet everyone back at The Wreck, but I decide to be proactive and pick my outfit now. I catch myself thinking of what I could wear to impress everyone, specifically JJ, but I remind myself that dressing a certain way for someone is a shit way to live. I pull out another random t-shirt and some black denim shorts from my closet and get dressed.

Sitting down at my vanity to put on some very light makeup and brush my hair, I find myself checking my phone every five seconds for the time. Even though yesterday was kinda weird, I'm still excited to see everyone again today. I rub my lips together after putting on my favorite peppermint flavored chapstick and sit myself back down onto my bed until it's time to leave. 

At exactly 12:25, I sit up out of my bed, take a quick look at myself in the mirror, and grab my wallet before going back out to the kitchen. "I'm heading out," I tell dad quietly, feeling bad for interrupting him. "I'm not sure when I'll be back, but I'll be at The Wreck for a while."

"Okay, love. Have fun, be safe." Dad says without looking up from his laptop. "And don't get into any trouble with those boys!" He looks at me after he says this, though, and winks at me. Okay, now he's just giving me shit for meeting three boys at lunch yesterday.

I playfully roll my eyes and shake my head. "Bye, dad. See ya later!" Making my way to the door, I sit down on the mat in front of it and tie my red high tops on again, and head outside. The weather is absolutely perfect today. My skin feels warm but there's also a light breeze cause we're so close to the beach.