c h a p t e r / e l e v e n

HIIIIII :D chapter 11 here we are!!!!!!!!!! thank u guys literally SO MUCH For 7k reads on the story y'all are unbelievable

n e way THIS is the fun chapter i've been talking about!!!! it's SO long so hopefully u don't get bored but i love this one so much & i hope u do too :)

ENOUGH OUT OF ME GO READ!!!!!!!!!!

ENJOYYYYOYOY -katie <3

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

b r i e l l e

I literally feel like I'm on cloud fucking nine right now.

Sitting in the Twinkie with my four best friends and driving around listening to music, I don't know if I've ever felt better in my life. I can't wipe the huge grin off my face that has been stuck there since we got in the van. We don't have to talk to feel comfortable with each other, and I keep catching JJ's eye in the front mirror. My smile only disappears when JJ swings his arm out in front of John B's chest in the middle of the ride.

"Wait wait wait," JJ tells our driver. "Stop here. Stop! Pull over." Seriously blondie? I was having a good time!

I look over to Pope and Kie for some sort of clarification but none of us have any idea what's going on. "Now? Why now?" John B asks JJ as he continues driving down the road that has turned into more of a dirt path. "We're like, five minutes away from where I was taking us."

"I said what I said! Pull over, John B." JJ looks to be about this close to taking the wheel and stopping the van himself. Why can't he wait five more minutes?

John B lets out an annoyed groan. "Fine! Fine." From my seat in the back, I feel the van slow down and veer to the right of the road. JJ is sitting ready with his skateboard, eager to get out of the Twinkie and go to whatever this place is that he made us stop at. Kie quietly asks 'where the fuck are you taking us JJ?' and I just decide not to question it. I hear the radio shut off and JJ swings his door open and he exits the van.

I take this as my cue to slide the back door open so Kie, Pope, and myself can get out too, but I struggle due to the rusty hinges and my lack of upper body strength. Pope senses my struggle and reaches his arm over to help me by putting his hand on top of mine, and together we slide the door open before laughing at my weakness. The three of us hop out of the Twinkie and stand awkwardly with the other two boys, one of whom has a look of childlike excitement on his face and the other who looks like he would rather be anywhere but here.

"Why are we here exactly?" Pope asks JJ with a look on his face that says 'seriously?'. He spins the tip of his skateboard around on the ground and digs a small hole in the dirt with it.

Without answering Pope's question, JJ begins walking through the woods and shouts at us to follow him. Glancing at each other out of mild concern, the four of us do as we're told but keep a solid distance between us and him.

"Wanna maybe like, tell us where the hell we're following you to?" Kie shouts to JJ in front of us. I can't help but laugh to myself at how stupid the five of us must look stepping over leaves and branches in the middle of the woods. John B reaches his hand out for me to take and use for balance as we cross a massive fallen tree trunk.

"We're almost there, I promise!" JJ responds after a few seconds and I hear him laugh to himself now too, likely out of pure excitement just to get to wherever 'there' is. A minute or so later we catch up to JJ who has stopped in the middle of a clearing in the woods. He's standing in the center of a paved road that looks like it could go on forever. He extends his arms out into the air, one hand holding his skateboard, and has the most adorable smile glued to his face as he looks at us. "We have arrived!"