c h a p t e r / s e v e n t e e n

HI AF 17 IS HERE

thank u guys SO MUCH For 15k reads on the story!!!!!!!! i'll never b able to thank u enough for all the love. never would i ever have thought that this would happen but i am so appreciative of every single one of u for reading and commenting on every chapter. <3

i have a secret.

this chapter is the beginning of the end. that's all. 

ENJOY >:) -katie <3

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

b r i e l l e

Stirring awake from the most peaceful sleep I've had in the longest time, I find myself still wrapped safely in JJ's arms in the same exact position we were in last night. I let myself relax for a few extra minutes in the boy's embrace, taking in the warm scent of his cologne and gently rubbing my thumb against his arm that lays tightly across my stomach. 

I smile to myself, remembering that once he's awake, I can give him a good morning kiss. And then I can do it again later before we fall asleep. And as many times as I want between now and then, cause he likes me. And I like him. God, I hope everything that happened last night wasn't just a dream. 

Eventually, my eyes begin to open slowly as they adjust to the bright morning light seeping in through the broken window blinds. Once my vision is clear, I'm able to see John B's backside through the kitchen doorway as he faces the counter. I lean over to the edge of the pullout and take a few sips of the now lukewarm water from the glass that I poured for myself last night. John B must have heard my movement, cause he cranes his neck to look at me in the front room as I place the cup back down. 

The brown haired boy smiles when he sees me, nodding once in my direction as his hands are occupied with something on the counter. "Mornin', sleepyhead." He says just above a whisper so as not to wake the sleeping boy next to me. I give John B a sleepy wave and reciprocate his smile before closing my eyes again and melting back into JJ's touch. 

John B respects our grogginess and stays quiet for a while longer, as he had all day to rest up yesterday and appears much more energized this morning. I hope he took the painkillers I left for him. That boy does not take good enough care of himself living in this place. 

I feel myself beginning to drift back into sleep again, not bothering to keep myself awake cause we don't have anything to do today. If I had it my way, I would lay here with JJ forever and ever, the sound of his heartbeat keeping time in our own little world of sweet nothingness. The boy in question begins to stir awake now too, his grip on my body loosening slightly as he comes to his senses. 

I shift myself in JJ's arms so that I can look at his face, and a small smile tugs at his lips when our eyes meet that says 'I'm still half asleep'.  I brush a few strands of hair out of his face that had fallen out of place overnight, and lean down to plant a gentle kiss on his forehead. "Hi," I whisper to him softly, not wanting to scare him as he wakes up but also not wanting John B to overhear our newfound dialect that comes with confessed feelings. 

The boy only lets out a quiet hum in response, lifting his chin to leave another kiss on my shoulder, not being able to find the strength this early in the morning to lean up all the way to my lips. A feeling of pure adoration rushes through my veins, and I don't even bother to hide the smile that sneaks onto my face at his touch. 

While I could easily stay here for the rest of my life and never want to leave JJ's hold, I carefully slip out of his arms and sit upright on the edge of the pullout. I drink the rest of my water and stretch my arms into the air, pulling on the hood of JJ's sweatshirt that I'm wearing to disguise my bedhead. Despite the tired boy's groans for me to 'come back', I stand up and shuffle into the kitchen where John B still stands.