c h a p t e r / t h i r t e e n

CHAPTER 13 HERE WE AREEEEE WHO'S EXCITED

thank you all literally SO MUCH FOr over 9k views on the story i cannot wrap my brain around why so many of you have read it but I APPRECIATE EVERY SINGLE ONE OF YOU SO MUCH MWAH

n e wayyyy i hope you all enjoy this chapterrrr!!! it was lots of fun to write :D C U LATER

ENJOYYOYOYO -katie <3

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

b r i e l l e

"Hey, dumbasses! Over here!" Oh, you have got to be kidding me. I am so not in the mood to talk to him right now. He's got two strikes now, after calling us dumbasses.

JJ and I both turn our heads at the sound of John B's voice as the Pogue comes to a swift stop in the water. He's making his way to the edge of the dock that Blondie and I were just on and waves a hand in the air for our attention. JJ turns to me now with a look that says 'do we really have to go get him?' and I shrug and shake my head to tell him 'just go over there, he'll be upset if we don't'.

I hear JJ groan quietly as he starts the boat back up and begins steering in the direction of our friend. Yeah, our friend who locked JJ out of the house last night. As we arrive at the edge of the dock, the three of us remain silent until John B is aboard safely and takes a seat across from me. I avoid making eye contact with the boy as JJ stares straight ahead while we make our way back to Kie's dock. This just got so fucking awkward.

"G'morning to you guys, too!" John B finally says in an overly enthusiastic tone.

"How was your night, John B?" I ask the boy, ignoring his initial question and keeping my eyes away from his. I'm not trying to start an argument with him right now, but I really just need to know what was going through that head of his last night.

"Uhh," He begins awkwardly, and it's very obvious that he knows exactly where this conversation is going. "Good? It was good, yeah." Yeah, I'm sure it was! I look over at JJ now and catch him shaking his head and chuckling to himself at John B's response.

"Mmm, yeah that's great!" I finally look at him and he's staring back at me like a deer in headlights. "I'm so glad you had fun with Sarah!" It's hard being rude to John B, but it seems like that's what it's gonna take for him to understand that he screwed up.

John B just looks at me with his mouth open and the guilty 'please don't be mad at me' smile that has crawled onto his face. I hear him scoff quietly and take this as my cue to continue talking. "Y'know what would've been even more fun? If you told JJ you weren't gonna be home!"

"Brielle," JJ interrupts me quietly. I know he doesn't want me to be talking to his best friend like this, but I'm just so upset at what he did.

"Or even if you gave him a key to the house!" I continue after glancing quickly at JJ. I'm speaking to the John B like he's a kindergartner, but it seems to me like he was kinda acting like one when JJ called him last night.

At this, John B drops his head and stares at the floor of the boat, his forearms resting on his knees. "Look, I'm sorry." He says into the ground, and even though I heard him loud and clear, I ask him to repeat himself. "I'm sorry." He tells me again, this time with his head up and his eyes looking into mine. His gaze now travels to the water surrounding us and the gears in his brain seem to start spinning as he processes last night's events.

"Thank you for saying that John B, but don't tell me you're sorry. Tell it to the boy you locked out of the house, and the boy who you didn't tell before you dipped." The two of us look over to JJ who is completely zoned into driving this boat, but I can tell he's been listening to our conversation.