c h a p t e r / s e v e n

CHAPTER SEVENNNN!!!!! thank y'all literally so much for the endless love on the story so far, words will never be able to describe how grateful i am for all of you. EDITING KATIE: UMMMM 4K VIEWS HELLO??? IMCRYING

i'm sorry if the last chapter seemed kind of rushed towards the end :/ i wasn't really sure how to wrap it up, but the way it did end leads nicely into this one.

this chapter is just plain fun, so i really hope y'all love it as much as i do! it was so much fun to write, i literally felt like i was there with them the whole time :DD as alwaysss i'm talking too much before the chapter starts so GO READ!!!!! i love y'all so much & i'm already excited to read all of your comments

ENJOY -katie <3

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

b r i e l l e

I could hardly make out the shape of my house through the downpour we got stuck in, and after another minute of tripping over the muddy sand and grass, the five of us made it home. I lead everyone up onto the porch to situate ourselves under the roof, and we all look like such a mess.

"Y'all can drop your boards here," I say, finally able to speak at a normal volume, and everyone stacks their surfboards on the floor. "My dad won't care that you guys are here, but he might care if you walk in shirtless." I direct this statement at the boys who are standing in flip flops and shorts with their shirts hung over their shoulders. I wish I didn't have to tell them to put their shirts on, cause the view is nice, but dad won't be so nice if he sees them with me like that.

I hear one of the three boys mutter 'right' as they all throw t-shirts over their heads. "Y'all are gonna drip water all over the place, you know that right? Your hair is still soaked." Kie activates mom mode as she crosses her arms and shakes her head at the sight of her boys. The two of us look at each other after she says this and laugh to ourselves.

We all take another minute out on the porch to dry ourselves off and collect our things, and I'm about to head over to the door before I notice JJ doing that attr- Eyes away, Bri. Open the door. Eyes off JJ. I have to force myself to look away from the boy as he pulls up his shirt again to ring out his soaking wet hair. I distract myself by picking my shoes up off the floor and fishing my house key out of my key chain, not being able to help myself and taking one quick glance at JJ. My eyes immediately drop back down to the floor once I realize that he's already looking at me! How many fucking times is this gonna happen? We just admitted to thinking each other's attractive, of course this had to happen! I notice the smile that shows up on JJ's face as he drops his shirt, and I take this as my cue to let everyone inside.

I unlock the front door to the house and poke my head inside to see if dad might be in the kitchen. To no one's surprise, he's still set up at the kitchen counter with his laptop and papers spread out across it. He looks up when he sees the door open, and has a confused but happy look on his face when I show up. "Hi," I say quickly with a half-smile. "My friends are here. Hope you don't mind, it started pouring right when we got to the beach."

Without waiting for a response from dad, I open the door the whole way and extend my arm into the house, letting everyone know that they are welcome to go inside. Kie goes first, followed by John B, JJ, and lastly Pope, who I can tell is very anxious about entering my house right now. He glances nervously at me before heading inside.

I close the door behind the five of us and dad is still sitting at the counter, but his laptop is now shut and his papers are stacked neatly together. We must look pretty weird to him, I mean, we're five soaking wet teenagers standing single file in the middle of the kitchen.