c h a p t e r / t h r e e

hey y'all!!! i'm sorry for not updating in a few days, my wattpad has been down and i haven't been able to do anything on my story. but i'm back!!

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR OVER 1k VIEWS ON THE STORY THATS INSANE!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL SO MUCH THANK YOU FOR THE ENDLESS SUPPORT <3

this one is kinda boring, but i thought it was necessary to include! chapter 4 will be up within the next two days so get excitedddd that's a fun one ;) *wink wink*

ENJOYYYY -katie <3

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

b r i e l l e

It'll be fine. You got this, Bri. I tell myself before opening the front door to my house. It wasn't even really an argument.

I avoided going inside by kicking around some pebbles on the doorstep. I feel bad for the way I talked to dad before I left earlier. Just go inside.

"I'm home!" I shout as I open the door and slip off my shoes without untying the laces. I don't hear any sort of response, so either dad's sleeping, still working, or he's mad at me. "Dad?" I call out again.

"In here," He finally responds. He hasn't moved from his spot at the kitchen island since I left the house an hour ago. His laptop is still open and a bunch of papers are spread out all over the counter. "How was lunch?"

"Good," I tell him. I can't decide if that was a lie or not. "I brought you something." I slide the large vanilla milkshake that Kie made across the counter to dad and take a seat at the stool across from him. "Vanilla." I say with a small smile.

"Oh, sweet! Thanks honey!" Dad shuts his laptop for the first time in, like, six hours as he unwraps his paper straw and sticks it into the lid of the cup. "My favorite." He takes a sip and makes a quiet 'mmm' noise as he swallows.

We don't talk for a few minutes as he sips on the milkshake and I check my phone. I finally decide to break the silence to address what happened before I left the house. "I'm sorry for being pissy earlier."

"It's alright, love." Dad response with his mouth full of milkshake. He swallows again and continues. "I wasn't in the best mood either, I've been working since I woke up."

"You were right, though. I've been spending way too much time in the house lately." Dad just shrugs in response, probably not wanting to agree with my statement to avoid another argument.

I'm not sure what to say at this point, so I mess around with the keychain attached to my wallet as silence falls over the two of us again. Remembering that I told dad I hadn't made any friends on the island yet, I smile and break the news. "I met a couple of kids my age at The Wreck," I tell him. "They're really cool."

"Is that so?" Dad asks me in an uncertain tone. Does he not believe me? "Who'd you meet?"

"Well, I met the daughter of the people who own the place, Kiara. She's the one who made your milkshake. We're already kinda friends!" I explain with excitement in my voice. It feels good to say that I made a friend.

"Good for you, Bri! I've heard the people there are great." He actually seems to be genuinely happy that I made a friend, which is totally relieving.