c h a p t e r / e i g h t

THANK Y'ALL SO MUCH FOR ALL THE LOVE ON CHAPTER SEVEN!!!!!!!!! that was such a fun chapter and i'm glad y'all loved it as much as i do :D sorry if i made it harder to choose between jj and kie (not sorry)

ALSO not sorry for last chapter's cliffhanger ;)) it also might not be who y'all expected it to be at the door :o you'll just have to read to find outttt

THANK U AGAIN FOR OVER 4k VIEWS AND OVER 100 VOTES IM SO THANKFUL!!!! i love y'all so much 

ENJOY! -katie <3

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

b r i e l l e

"Hey, Brielle?" When I hear the mysterious voice call my name, I pull myself out of my closet with my movie box to see who it is.

"Oh, hi." I stand up and fix my shirt when I see John B standing in the middle of my room. I give him a gentle smile, and I find myself wondering why he's in my bedroom right now. "You said my full name, thought you were JJ." Maybe I shouldn't have said this, but I have noticed that the only times I've spoken to JJ, he's referred to me as Brielle instead of just Bri. 

"Sorry," John B begins. "Cool room, by the way." He comments, looking around at my posters and lights. 

I thank him kindly and set the cardboard box down on my bed. "So, what's up? I was just looking for my movies, figured we would all watch something together. Not sure if y'all wanna spend the night, but we can definitely hang for a while longer." I begin sorting through my discs, taking a seat on the edge of my bed as John B does the same. 

"Actually, that's kinda what I came to ask you about." Huh? Does he want to watch a movie too? "I feel like we haven't really talked like, at all since we met, which is weird, but I have a bit of a favor to ask you." Where could this possibly be going? That is weird, though. We've hardly spoken to each other in the past two days.

"Okay, shoot." I put the movie that was in my hand back in the box, directing all of my attention towards John B. 

The boy shifts his body to face me before speaking. "I don't want this to sound weird, but-" He cuts himself off and restarts his sentence. "Okay, look. JJ doesn't really have a stable relationship with his dad, like at all, s-" 

I accidentally interrupt him as I mutter a quiet 'I know' after he says this. This causes a confused look to appear on John B's face as he questions me. "You know?"

"Yeah, he kinda told me about him at the beach earlier." I shift the way I'm sitting on my bed to get more comfortable, feeling like this conversation could last a while.

"He did?" 

"Yeah. I asked him about his lip and he said it wasn't from surfing, but it was from his dad. He kinda told me all about what happened with his dad before you grabbed him and brought him to lunch." 

"Oh." John B's eyes drop down to his lap, and a brief moment of silence falls over the two of us. He continues after a few seconds with what it was that he had to ask me. "So he usually crashes at my place cause he can't really stay at Luke's, but we're kinda stuck here without a car or anything." I take this as my cue to look out the window at the storm outside. The weather has gotten significantly worse since the time we got to my house, and I'm glad we got here when we did. "I mean, I'm sure your dad has a car, but I don't really know if we can make it to my place tonight." 

I think I know where this is going now. I decide to help the conversation go a little smoother and offer a potential solution. "Yeah, I don't think so either. I was gonna ask my dad if y'all could spend the night anyway if you want." This isn't necessarily true. I mean, I wasn't really planning on inviting everyone to sleep here cause we literally met yesterday, but a little white lie to make John B and JJ feel better won't hurt anyone.