Yay, Dinner With The Enemy

I adjusted my outfit one last time, a jacket with a turtle neck underneath and pants and took a deep breath before I rang the doorbell of the Agreste home. I have to stay calm and watch what I say. If Mr Agreste really is hawkmoth, he'll definitely leave a hint. The door opened and I walked in to see Natalie waiting for me.

"Good evening, Y/n. It's good to see you again." She said with a charming smile.

"Yes. Good to see you too." I smiled back and took off my jacket, hanging it on the coat rack.

"Right this way. Adrian is waiting for you in the dining room. Mr Agreste will be there shortly."

I quietly followed her into the dining room where Adrian was sitting, absentmindedly playing with his spoon. He looked up and smiled when he saw me.

"Hey, you came."

"What's up buddy." I said as we shoulder bumped "You don't look so good."

"I'm fine." He waved off my concern "It's nothing to worry about."

"If you say so." I said as I sat opposite him. "Anyway, how was your day? Anything interesting happen?"

"Nah, same old same old. Oh I heard rumors that there might be a new supervillain in town. It was all over the news and everything."

"Really? It's not just another akumatized person?"

"Uh huh. He doesn't have any superpowers." He said confidently before sheepishly adding "Well at least that's what the news said. I haven't seen him myself."

I smiled to myself at that statement. So that's why he looks so nervous. The fact that someone out there knew his secret identity must be bugging him.

"Well, whoever they are, I'm sure Ladybug and Cat noir would stop them. They're the best."

His eyes widened in surprise before he answered. "I thought you didn't like them, hated them even."

I coughed awkwardly and raised an eyebrow at him "I'm being sarcastic, Adrien."

"Right." His face fell as he went back to playing with his spoon. "My bad."

"Seriously though, what's got you so down?"

"I... Can't tell you. It's just something I have to do on my own."

"Are you sure you can?"

"What?"

"Are you sure you can do it on your own? If it's got you this worried, wouldn't it be better to ask for help. I'm even right here."

I leaned forward with interest, smiling broadly to put him at ease and it seemed to work because he also smiled and leaned forward.

"If I really can't, then I'll tell you. Gotta fight our own battles, right?"

"Sure, sure." I glanced over to the door where a tall man with nearly combed hair, a white suit and glasses was walking in. I stood up as he made his way to my side of the table and we shook hands.

"Good evening, sir."

"Good evening, Y/n. You look well, how was your week?"

"A bit stressful but things aren't so bad"

"Oh, is that so. Well then, keep your chin up."

"Will do, sir."

He nodded and moved to his seat at the head of the table and Natalie walked in with a trolley with a cloth on it. She whipped it off with a flourish and neatly folded it.

My mouth watered as I stared at the food. I haven't eaten anything since school and was feeling famished. I could just consume some electricity but why do that when you have such an exquisite meal in front of you.