Not Strong Enough, Sweetie

Ladybug stared at her outstretched hand in disbelief. She couldn't believe what had just happened. Earlier, she had quickly located the problem with the sprinkler system and had attempted to fix it but nothing she tried worked. With the flames raging on without calming down, she finally decided to try the Lucky charm and to her surprise, it worked, giving her a piece of equipment that solved the issue.

But as the sprinklers activated and doused the flames her mind was elsewhere instead, occupied with questions about what just happened. As far as she knew her lucky charm had only ever worked on/or around akumas. An unsettling idea crept into her mind and soon, she had to test it out.

"Miraculous ladybug!" She said as she threw the lucky charm in the air and in seconds it had repaired the damage done by the fire, the pink ladybugs surrounding the entire building and repairing it.

"Which means, an akumatized person started the fire. But there's no one here. Except Cat Noir and I." Her eyes widened in realization and she darted for the door. She barely heard the slight click behind the now fixed door but she reacted in time and threw herself clear of it. It exploded a second later, sending smoke through the open space. She covered her mouth and nose as she dashed through it, eager to find her partner before her worst fears came true.

She went from room to room as fast as she could while being cautious of any more traps. She couldn't find any, nor a trace of the black cat. She tried his communicator but still nothing. He had simply disappeared. She slumped against a wall, her chest constricting and she found herself taking in dragged breaths. Her vision swam and she fell to her knees.

Wha... What i-is ha-ppen..ing?" Her voice barely a whisper now as she dragged herself forward on her arms.

A low whistled tune reached her before the accompanying footsteps did. She reached a hand forward, one eye barely open. "W-ho?"

"Riddle me this, light as a feather, but not even the strongest man can hold it for long?"

She looked up and in her bleary vision, made out a person wearing a gas mask and a very familiar Butler outfit crouch by her. She groaned and slumped forward.

"Answer? Your breath."

I let out a sigh of relief when she didn't move when I flipped her onto her back. I crouched down and checked her pulse to feel it slow down.

"I can't believe that worked so well." I said as I brushed a hair strand out of her face, electricity dancing on my fingertips. "Thanks for being such good people."

"Ladybug? Are you in here?"

My head shot up when I heard the voices coming from down the hall. I bent down to pick her up but she suddenly sprung forward, and jumped out the glass window. I stood stunned in shock; I couldn't believe she was conscious let alone have enough strength to try to escape.

"Noo!" I screamed as I snapped out of it and run to the window. She was barely hanging onto a windowsill two floors down. There was no way I could reach her from here. I quickly backed away when I saw that everyone outside was now staring, some even pointing lights at us.

"Wow." I could feel my eye twitching as my frustration kept building. I took off the gas mask and run my fingers through my hair. "I expected her to be lucky but this is just bullshit."

I heard a door opening downstairs, no doubt the firemen getting closer.  I grunted and leaned out the window and yelled.

"You may have gotten away, ladybug but if you want to see Cat Noir ever again, you'll meet me at the Louvre within the next hour. Don't be late."

I doubted she could hear but I'm sure those who did would pass my message on to her. And I'm sure hawkmoth would hear about this which means we are still on schedule, just switching to plan b.