Reset to Status Quo

Hawkmoth sighed and sank in his couch with a wet towel on his forehead, a result of his massive headache. Natalie stood by with a glass of water, a recent reoccurrence thanks to the masked guy's interference.

What happened, sir?" She asked helplessly since he hadn't said a word since he left his hideaway, clutching his head and falling over. She had panicked and after helping him to the couch, rushed to the kitchen for a wet towel. And now he seemed to be doing much better.

He let out a dark laugh before pulling the towel off, grabbing the glass and downing it in seconds, the cool liquid Helping a lot with his headache.

"Phantom. That Bâtard." He gripped the glass hard enough that it began to crack and Natalie wisely took it from him.

Hawkmoth watched her leave then took a few breathes to calm down, then whispered.

"Nooroo, Dark wings Fall!"

One purple flash later, and a tiny little bug looking creature fell into his lap, giving out a little gasp of air before craddling it's knees to it's chest. He instinctively reached out for it and hesitated but decided to pet it anyway.

The kwami responded by snuggling around his finger, weeping softly to itself. Natalie returned, saw what was happening and quietly went back into the kitchen coming back with a tray of honey glazed cookies.

Hawkmoth gave her an appreciative nod and after a few gentle prods, managed to get the kwami to take a cookie.

"Sir," Natalie tried again and this time he gave her a silent nod. He sat back and began retelling the events of the evening.

..........*.........*..........*.........*.........*..........

Reflekta was stumbling about in the fog, her vision hazy and blurry when she felt someone brush against her. She whirled around to see Phantom staring down at her.

She tried a backhand but he efforts dodged and slipped back into the fog to appear behind her. She sensed him and tried a kick but he dodged that one too, returning with a quick takedown that held her against the wall.

"Calm down, hawkmoth. Hear me out." He whispered into her ear and hawkmoth felt his control wane ever so slightly before he shook it off.

"I'm giving you one last chance to work together with me and we all leave happy. Your way isn't working and you keep interfering in my plans" Phantom pressed down on her shoulder, forcing her to stay still.

"I'm never going to trust you with the miraculous so, GET OFF!" She pushed back against the wall and knocked him off her, pouncing on him and pushing him to the ground and holding him down.

"I'm serious. I don't need you to trust me but I can assure you that if you work with me you would get the miraculous." He reasoned, tugging on his arms but she didn't even budge.

Hawkmoth could see them working together but, he just can't trust someone like Phantom. This man's motivations were unclear even if he claimed someone hired him to steal the miraculous. All the more reason not to trust him.

"No! And this is the last time you get my way!" Reflekta said as she stood up and pointed her wrist at him. "I'll free you once I get the miraculous."

Phantom closed his eyes and shook his head in disappointment. Reflekta tried to fire her beam but nothing happened, phantom slowly getting to his feet.

What?!" She tried again but nothing happened and she glanced at her wrist, eyes widened when she realized that her bracelet was gone.

"You should have listened to me." Phantom opened his right hand and showed her the bracelet. "Now fuck off, Hawkmoth."

His hand and eyes sparked with purple lightning and he clenched his fist, crushing the bracelet even as she made a desperate dash for it. She felt an intense jolt of electricity, so intense she couldn't even scream and fell to the floor.

Hawkmoth's connection to his akuma was suddenly severed and he held his head and screamed in pain, falling to his knees and screaming.

He felt a flash of images, places, things he had never seen before but somehow now seen. Visions that felt so real.

A broken moon. A Red rose. A white witch. A dying boy in her arms.

A falling boy and a Black Bat, fighting. A dead plant Queen. A burning world.

Cat noir and Ladybug fighting.. someone, a blurry figure wearing the dragon miraculous.

A one eyed pyramid hovering over a boy's shoulder as he shook hands with a green haired boy covered in blood, his dead eyes gaining just the tiniest bit of hope.

A black void. A woman with a familiar looking girl, and Y/n standing before them, sword raised in defense as ladybug, Cat noir and a group of heroes standing ready to attack.

The visions suddenly ceased and he fell over, coming to later and dragging himself to the door, barely managing to stand and open it, falling into Natalie.

............*............*............*............*...........

"That's what I saw. I don't even know what I saw. But there was so much pain." He whispered with a lost look. "So much loss."

"Sir." Natalie's voice drew him out of it. He blinked and felt most of the visions fading to the recesses of his mind. And soon, very had to recall, except for one.

"What about the vision with Y/n? What do you think that meant?" She asked.

"I don't know but I would have to watch him a lot carefully now. Though I now have a guess as to who Phantom's employer might be."

Natalie picked up on the hint and gave a knowing nod. Hawkmoth stood up and the traumatized kwami flew into his chest pocket.

"But that energy. I knew there were other powers in the world but to actually meet one." He laughed out loud. "This is getting interesting."

Yes." Natalie laughed with him, relieved that her boss wasn't downhearted by the loss. She knew how petty he was. "That they are, sir."

He smiled at her and they both left to his office. A lot of work had to be done and he had to find out what power Phantom had, being strong enough to disrupt a miraculous but not being one.

...............*...............*...............*...............

Adrian snuck into bed after making sure no one saw him. He let a grunt and flopped onto the bed. He had gotten a call from ladybug that Juleka was alright and wasn't in a coma, this time.

"I can't wait to see Y/n. He would be so happy to hear that." He said to the gluttonous black kwami that sat on his chest eating Camembert without a care in the world.

"Yeah. And then he would start spending all his time with her instead of you." Plagg pointed out with a grin.

"Don't be mean, plagg." Adrian frowned and flicked it's forehead. It rubbed the spot with a grumble. "They need each other now, more than ever."

"Hey! I'm just saying the truth. Then they'll be kissing and blergh. Who next all that when you can have Camembert, sweet sweet Camembert."

Adrian looked at him weird as touched the cheese slice fondly then sat up to take off his shoes. Plagg swallowed the piece in one bite the flew over to Adrian's ear.

"I couldn't help but notice that you didn't tell ladybug about your chat with phantom or whatever he calls himself." He shrugged and backed up when Adrian glared at him. "It's not like I care, I'm just saying."

"I know what I'm doing, plagg. Now, get some sleep. It's late." The kwami zipped past him before he could even finish speaking

"Done and done." It yawned and tucked itself into the sheets, falling asleep in seconds. Adrian smiled and tucked himself in, letting himself drift off too.