Round 1, Start

Ladybug tugged her yo-yo back just as she swung into view of the Louvre, landing perfectly on the terrace. She paused for a second to look around. There were a few police cars that were approaching in the distance and a crowd was already forming.

Apparently, quite a few people had heard the news and had come to see what happens, though they wisely seemed to stay away from the main building. The best way to approach would be stealth but she didn't doubt 'He' would see her make the journey to the main part of the museum.

"How do I enter?" She mused to herself from her hiding place. An amplified screech suddenly vibrated through the air, forcing her and everyone around to cover their ears. It abruptly ended but even after a few seconds, she could still feel the effects.

"I KNOW YOU ARE HERE, LADYBUG. STOP HIDING! I DON'T HAVE ALL DAY." He was standing at the entrance of the pyramid and yelling into a megaphone, causing Ladybug to wince at the sound. He had earmuffs on so he wasn't affected.

"YOU HAVE TILL THE COUNT OF THREE, ELSE PRETTY BOY AIN'T GONNA BE SO PRETTY ANYMORE!" He held up a remote detonator in his right hand while the megaphone was in the left.

"ONE....."

"TWO....."

"Wait! Stop counting, I'm here." Ladybug reluctantly run out into the open with her hands up. He smiled and lowered the detonator.

"That's a good girl. Now, walk to me. Slowly, hands still in the air."

Ladybug obeyed and slowly crossed the distance with a word, all while looking around for a way to turn things around. When she got within five paces, he held up a hand and she stopped.

"Good girl. Now, slowly grab your yo-yo. Slowly," He waved the detonator causing Ladybug to click her teeth. He smiled when she did as he said. "Now toss it to me. Remember, all that matters is the cat."

She threw it to him and he just watched it fall at his feet. He looked up at her and signaled for her to turn around, which she did with a grumble.

"Good girl. Just keep doing what I say and everything is going to be all right."

"Why-"

"Uh uh uh, No questions. No talking." She tried to turn but he barked out an order. AND DON'T TURN AROUND."

"So you can leave without me seeing? I know this trick."

"Okay then, turn if you want but don't move from that spot."

They silently stood there for a minute before ladybug realized he was waiting for something. He kept subtly glancing around and at his watch and he seemed tense, more than she hoped he would be.

If he has Cat-noir and I'm standing here what is he waiting for? Hmm...Is it?

"You think Hawkmoth would show?"

"I said don't talk." He snapped at her, his wandering eyes now focused on her. His answer was enough to confirm her suspicions.

"So you are waiting for him. I don't know what kind of deal you made, he wouldn't help you. Or is it the other way around?"

"Hush. Now."

"Sorry, was a little curious." She backed up a step. "If we're going to do nothing but standing here all night, at least we can talk."

He took one last look around then with a shrug, sank into a lotus position and rested his elbow on his chin. Ladybug took this as a good sign and decided to press on.

How is Cat Noir? Is he hurt?

Don't worry. I haven't done anything to him. He's tied up somewhere but he's fine."

She sighed and after a few seconds she followed up with a question. "So, what are you?"

He sighed when he realized she wasn't going to stop talking. "Something like a purveyor of mystics and such."

"You mean a thief. You're a thief." She corrected.

"You could say that." He said with a shrug. "It's just a name, nothing more."

"I don't think you said your name."

"Hmmm. Figures you haven't heard of me" He said as he stood up and adjusted his clothes to give a bow. "The Phantom Hunter, at your service."

"Do you call yourself that?"

"Yeah." He yawned loudly and nodded his head twice. Appear like a ghost and disappear with not a trace. This would be my first public appearance and even then, you're the first to know my name."

He smiled at her as if she should be honored but all she think about was how to get him to lower his guard even more.

"Do.. do you enjoy it? Stealing?"

He refused to meet her gaze as he quietly answered "We all have to do things in order to survive."

"Even if you have to hurt or use other people? Doesn't it bother you?"

"Who are you talking about?"

His genuine confusion surprised her but she quickly answered.

"Alya, the girl you framed for stealing so she would become an Akuma. And just earlier, you set a building on fire and endangered all those innocent civilians just to trap Cat Noir and I."

"Oh yeah! I did say that was me didn't I?" He let out a chuckle. "Yeah, no. Had nothing to do with that. Saw an opportunity to get Hawkmoth on my side and took it. That's all."

"What! Then-"

"And the building was evacuated before the fire was set. In fact, it's been in need of a few repairs for some time now. Those 'civilians' are much happier now than before the fire.

I don't understand.

"But no, go on judging people. It's not like doing that has landed you in more trouble than you wanted. But hey, I'm not a child wielding the power of a God like a toy." He stopped when he noticed he was getting louder and she was getting scared. He took a moment to calm himself and stepped back.

"It doesn't matter anyway. Things are not always what they seem. I suppose you might be right, after all, you can't trust anyone but your self."

"But you are trusting Hawkmoth?! He already betrayed you once. He's going to do it again."

"True. Infact I'm counting on it." He stood up and stretched his limbs before cautiously reaching out his right hand to pick up ladybug's yo-yo. He looked it over and then tested it a bit and when he was satisfied, put it behind him.

"Alright, the show's about to start. And when I give you the sign you call for your lucky charm."

"What?! But-"

"Do what I say. No questions." She shut up when she noticed how serious he was. After thinking it over she decided to go along for now. With Cat-noir's life on the line she couldn't afford to hesitate.

The night sky suddenly flashed a bright pink before a dome quickly began to descend around the pyramid. They watched, helpless, as in the time it took them to notice what was happening, the dome had fully descended.

"Hahahaha. Okay, okay. So that's what we're doing, huh?" He tossed his head back and laughed at nothing in particular and combed his hand through his hair.

"This feels very familiar. But, where have I seen it?" She mumbled to herself. The answer was right on the tip of her tongue but she still couldn't place it.

"Do you see it? The way to win?"

She looked at him then back at the dome then around but nothing. He seemed disappointed when she shook her head but he squared his shoulders and took a step back.

"Alright ladybug. I'll take you to the cat but once we are inside you give me the miraculous, understood?" He said loudly with a point look and slight jerk of his head.

Before she could respond, someone started laughing. They both turned and froze when they saw who it was. There was no mistaking the bright pink outfit, the white doll-like mask and the perfect little smirk that grew as she fully stepped through the barrier.

"Round two, ladybug." Reflekta said as she stopped a few paces from them. "And this time, you won't win."