21. Materia Tree

(Hello everyone!
Assassins Creed and FF7 and FF7R are not mine. Yes I have decided to mix in the stuff from both FF7 and FF7R in this book.
The pic is from Amazon sales page. It's the closest thing I could mind to a materia tree. I'll explain in this chapter what it is.
"talking"
'thinking'
-mind link-
Enjoy!)

Cloud, "So there are a lot of experiments and tests before becoming a SOLDIER?"

Zack nodded, "Yup! It's mostly because not everyone reacts positively to mako treatments."

Tifa, "What does that mean exactly? Did they die?"

Kunsel, "No they didn't die but.. "

Ace, "Let me guess, they went crazy and tried to kill you."

Zack was quiet as he nodded, "Mn."

Cloud eyed him, "Was it someone you knew?"

Kunsel, "He was our friend and teammate."

Tifa, "I'm sorry."

Zack, "It's okay."

Kunsel, "He is not suffering anymore."

Zack, "Hey, do you think we could see Ice fairies?"

Ace's mouth twitched, "Ice Fairies?"

Cloud felt dread, "What do you mean?"

Kunsel snorted at his friend, "He heard the locals talk about how fairies used to come to town in the past, but not anymore."

Tifa bit her lips to keep herself from laughing, "I see, what would you do if you met the fairies?"

Zack, "I would ask for a wish. Fairies give wishes."

Cloud muttered, "I don't think, they can." 

To Cloud's relief, they had reached the reactor and they could hear gunshots and sounds of a battle. Ace gave a grimace but didn't rush in, instead he motioned them to follow him. Zack and Kunsel looked at each other, they wanted to go inside but didn't want to leave their new friends unprotected. They followed Ace, as he scaled up the wall easily followed by Cloud and Tifa. Zack and Kunsel climbed after them to what looked like a bridge over the reactor before going inside through an emergency door.

Zack, "You have done this before?"

Cloud nodded, "Yup! We did."

Kunsel spoke seriously, "You know that's illegal."

Tifa rolled her eyes, "This whole place is illegal."

Ace, "Not to forget it's pretty much abandoned too."

Cloud, "And according to the new laws Shinra gave out before I was even born by the way. Anything that has been abandoned for more than seven years don't belong to anyone anymore."

Kunsel looked at the smug look on the three teens and laughed, "You got me there."

Ace, "But unfortunately Shinra is run by an arrogant power hungry man. So, I highly doubt he would follow his own rules."

Zack, "Well we are trying to change that. Lazard is trying to change that. It'll take time however to achieve it."

Looking in from one of the triple layer protected windows they could see Angeal and Vincent fighting off a, mechanical monster. Desmond was standing beside Brian making sure none of the smaller critters got closer to them. Brian was shooting the ones that could jump using his rifle, his hunter abilities showing itself.

Tifa, "What in the name of Gaia?"

Cloud, "Machine monsters really?"

Zack, "Oh come on! We just dealt with monsters!"