29. Problems Everywhere

(Final Fantasy 7 and Assassins Creed are not mine. The picture above is a screenshot from the game. Ain't it pretty?
"talking"
'thinking'
Enjoy?)

Cloud was helping Aerith plant flowers, nuts and fruit trees around Midgar. It was a slow process, that took months, and the people looked very appreciative of the flowers and greenery. Tifa had even opened up a tip jar in her bar where people could donate some money to pay for the maintenance of the plants. The children and teenagers were usually the ones who would join Aerith to help maintain the impromptu garden.

Cloud didn't mind the little tykes and from the looks of it, the kids actually enjoyed listening to some of his stories. Cloud mostly entertained them by telling them stories about his group who became a specialised group of materia users and snipers. Cloud was the only Sniper in the group at the start of his work. But after seeing his success other soldiers in the infantry started to get interested.

Cloud was not sure in the beginning but soon agreed to teach the others. The members were very sweet once they got over the awkwardness and started learning. Cloud personally decided teaching was not for him while guiding might not be bad. He just did not have the patience to go full teacher mode, though Angeal said otherwise. Cloud looked over at the dark haired Lieutenant who was helping by carrying around heavy items.

Cloud hummed as he watered the acorn saplings which were surprisingly enough growing quite well. He chalked it up to Aerith being, well Aerith and took care of the plants while three ten year olds followed him around like little chicks. The blond noticed a few Turks around the area and waved at them, Reno waved back though the others only nodded. Mr Tuesti was talking to Aerith while Tifa acted as the overseer of the garden.

Mr Tuesti had heard about the garden from Rufus and had come over to check the area. He had been impressed and wanted to grow gardens on other plates as well. Aerith had proposed the idea of community gardens which would have not only flowers but fruits, nuts and vegetables as well. The two of them had been talking for a few hours and Tuesti was writing a lot. Tifa had given a huff and muttered about workaholics who didn't know when to take a break and went about ordering food for everyone.

Cloud though offered to order drinks and the two decided to share the payment between the two of them. Angeal, bless the man, supplied the dessert saying nothing beat freshly made apple pie. Angeal had been coming to the garden sometimes pulling Sephiroth along with him. Cloud had heard about what was happening in the Wutai war front. He had received a letter from Ace through Angeal who had returned, that he shared with Tifa who had a dark look on her face. She cursed Heidegger to the pits and back, Julian had still not returned from Wutai.

It had been a month since then and Tifa hoped Ace had found him and that he was safe. Cloud assured her that Julian was safe and he had joined Zack's team as their sniper. Tifa had calmed down after that but she was still angry just thinking how Heidegger made it hard for him. Cloud gave a dark grin assuring her saying the Turks, especially Reno would not let Heidegger go scott free. Tifa looked at little confused before it hit her, the red head probably lost someone.

Tifa, "I'll make something for him too. Could you take it to him?"

Cloud, "Of course, Tif. You know the Turks enjoy your packed lunches."

Frigga chirped on his shoulder, -Leave it to us.-

Tifa nodded, "It's the least, I could do. Tell him, it's on the house for bringing Heidegger down."

Cloud, "Definitely!"

Frigga gave a laugh, -That fat pig deserved it.-

Reno was always happy to receive free food and happily shared it with Rude who nodded in thanks. Cloud left them to it, then he received a mission to take down a few monsters. According to the mission details, he would have to head towards the lower sectors. A bit further from the slums with a group of third class SOLDIERs, he was to act as their back up and medic. One of the third class SOLDIERs saw him and called him over, Cloud saw him and wondered if they had met.