22. Trouble in the Forest

(Hello everyone!
Assassins Creed and FF7R and FF7 are not mine.
The picture above is not mine.
"talking"
'thinking'
Enjoy!)

Ace, "Come on, I think I see Julian."

Tifa waved, "Julian!"

Julian a brunette with green eyes smiled, "Hello Tifa, Cloud, Ace.... SOLDIERs."

Ace, "Don't worry Illya, they are okay."

Julian looked at two, "If you say so. What do you plan on getting?"

Cloud, "Well considering it's summer, I was hoping for Muntjac or Capra."

Julian nodded, "We could try to trap some and the summer hares are all probably grown. We could catch a few."

Zack, "Sooooo, I'm guessing you two are really close?"

Julian gave him a look, "I have known Cloud since we were five, if that's what you are asking."

Zack grinned, "So, got any funny stories to tell me?"

Julian snorted, "Maybe I do."

Zack, "Can you tell us about the fairies?"

Julian raised an eyebrow, "Why do you want to know about them?"

Kunsel, "Curiosity mostly."

Cloud, "Illya.."

Julian gave his blond friend a smirk, "He is just curious. Don't worry, I'll only tell him if he is worth it."

Cloud turned to Zack, "Why do you want to know?"

Zack grinned brightly, "Oh! Come on! I want to get to know my new best bud better. As well as the people around him, including the fairies."

Cloud looked away from the grin, "Fine! Whatever you want."

Julian whispered to Ace, "Am I seeing things or... "

Ace, "You are not seeing things."

Tifa giggled, "Not at all."

Kunsel shook his head, 'Zack is pretty smitten too.'

They trekked up the old path branching away from the Shinra power plant. Zack was chatting up a storm regaling them with stories from his time in the barracks. Julian after a while told them a bit about the 'Fairies', especially their appearance. They had translucent wings and their hair were either snow white or icy blue in colour. Zack listened in rapt attention while Tifa nudged Cloud teasingly, Ace was feeling smug. Kunsel piped in from time to time to give more details about the people and the places in Midgar. Tifa made note of all the popular places Kunsel pointed out, it would be helpful when she moved out of Nibelheim. Ace paid attention to the area they were walking through, it was quiet, too quiet.

Julian, "I'm planning on joining Shinra army."

Zack, "Army? Not SOLDIER?"

Julian looked back at the reactor, "Considering what I have learned about the stuff that goes into that. I'll pass on being a SOLDIER. I'll be happier in the barracks, besides SOLDIER is not my dream. I want to finish my studies first and foremost."

Tifa, "Why join the army then? You can do that from here too."

Julian, "I could but money is tight and after the damage we suffered today. Even with the compensation, it would not be enough. I plan on studying all the way up to Masters after all. I want to be a Professor and teach others."

Kunsel, "But why the regular army? You do understand they mostly do the grunt work right? And during missions they are stuck doing watches and end up as cannon fodder a lot?"