9. Night time in the Forest

(Hello everyone!
FF7 is not mine! The art is not mine either!
"talking"
'thinking'
Enjoy)

By the time the group of four had gathered the fallen items, it had become late evening. It was already dark in the forest, save for a few luminescent flowers giving light for them to see the path ahead. It made a very beautiful, yet surreal sight to look at, leaving a feeling of mystery for the onlookers. The group trudged on forward with Cloud and Tifa marvelling at the beautiful sight in front of them. Tifa started to giggle half way through getting a curious look from Cloud and Ace.

Tifa shook her head, "Just thinking about how my Dad is gonna blow his head off when he realizes that I'm not going to return till tomorrow morning."

Cloud blinked then snickered, "Pffffffffffft! That will be funny."

Ace laughed, "Well~ He should learn after this."

Tifa laughed along with them, "I really should not be laughing considering, I'm going to be grounded for life once we return but still....... This is fun! You know?"

Cloud waved his hand, "I'm pretty sure, he won't ground you, if you bring the Phoenix feather and a few other prizes home."

Tifa smiled, "You think so?"

Cloud shrugged, "Probably! After all it will be proof you know how to take care of yourself, right?"

Tifa hummed, "You know what? You have a point. Let's collect more stuff!"

Desmond stopped signaling them to halt their chat. The three of them got down and looked at what was in front of them. There in the clearing was a weird green colored creature that would be easily mistaken for a squid in first glance. There were six of them staying together.

Desmond looked at them before activating the Eagle vision, "Well kid, I promised, I would show you our gift. Here it is!"

Tifa looked up excited at Desmond only to gasp when she saw his eyes, "That's so cool! Cloud and Ace have this ability too? Are you... Um."

Ace smirked before activating his eyes, "Yep! And yes, most call us Cetra. Honestly though we are no different from other people. We still got to train and learn, you know?"

Cloud watcher in wonder, "I have not activated mine yet, but I will soon."

Tifa nodded, "Still, pretty cool."

Desmond pat his shoulder before observing the stats of the monsters in front of them, "The strongest is level thirty five. Interesting, and two of them have fire elements, one has water, the rest are wind. I have to wonder where they came from though? They were not mentioned in any of the book in the library."

Tifa looked up, "What do you mean? They are just monsters."

Ace looked perturbed, "He means, this is not their natural habitat. They don't belong here."

Cloud looked thoughtful, "They could have come from the reactor."

Desmond hummed, "Let's figure it out later and deal with them first. Same method as last time. Ace take the two on the left, Tifa the ones on the furthest right and Cloud you are taking the ones in front. Tag team, the last one. I'll take the the strongest one in the back. Be careful! These six have obviously been tampered with so they are probably stronger than normal."

The three of them got into position waiting for Desmond to give the signal for attack. After a few seconds, Desmond attacked the monster that was the strongest in the group, distracting the rest of the monsters. While the monsters were distracted Tifa and Cloud jumped out attacking two of the monsters that were preparing to attack Desmond. Tifa punched one of the monster's head in while Cloud stabbed it above the tentacles before running his blade upwards cutting it half. Ace took this chance to stab one of the monsters in the heart killing it instantly. Desmond fought with the strongest while dodging it's attacks. It used whips that too with what looked like poison on it.