36. Everything will be Alright

(Assassins Creed and Final Fantasy Seven are not mine.
The above picture is a screenshot from the game.
"talking"
'thinking'
Enjoy!)

Cloud watched as his mom and Zack's parents greeted their grandsons. He had been a little worried about how his kids would have been treated. They were not born the normal way after all and despite his anger at Hojo for hurting him and his kids, he was also thankful. The only reason he decided to forgive and forget Hojo was because he had two beautiful, alive and healthy kids. Caleb and Rain who were enjoying all the pampering and attention their three grandparents were showering on them.

Rain was babbling happily, "Uwaaa uwwaawa."

Rain, 'Ma.. Well my grandma now, you are alive. Aerith too, though she is Auntie Aerith now. I'm so happy for you Tifa, you deserve someone who loves you.'

Caleb was contemplating, 'So this is what grandparents are like. Very nice, very nice.'

Aerith, "He he he! Our two nephews are so adorable."

Tifa grinned, "Yeah, look Rain, look at this."

Rain looked at Tifa with curious eyes. She was a little different from the Tifa he had known and become close to. This Tifa was a lot more brighter and happier, she didn't look burdened like his Tifa was. Aerith was warm and bright beside her and the way the two ladies looked at each other was similar to the way his ma and pa did. Rain cooed at them happily, his two dearest friends were happy and alive in this new life. The two ladies pretty much brightened at the happy expression on Rain's face.

Tifa picked Caleb up, "Hey little man. You are being very quiet."

Caleb huffed at her, 'I'm thinking woman.'

Aerith cooed, "He is a pretty serious guy, isn't he?"

Rain eyed him suspiciously, -What are you up to?-

Caleb shrugged, -Just thinking, it is nice to have a mother who loves you.-

Rain blinked, -And you can have a mother who does, as long as you don't try to take over the world again.-

Caleb laughed, -Of course, puppet.-

Rain scowled, -Asshole!-

Sephiroth walked in holding Kadaj, "I hope, we are not late."

Zack, "Sephiroth, baby Kadaj, come in, come in. Genesis, Yazoo, Angeal and Loz too."

Rain turned to them in shock. The three remnants that he knew as adults were toddlers, actual, real toddlers. Oh Gaia! They look completely different from their adult forms too. Kadaj's eyes look more round, Yazoo has reddish brown hair and Loz has dark hair. Caleb looked at them curiously, he remembered the remnants from the time he tried to be reborn again. He remembered how childish they were and how they had been forced to grow inside their pods.

Kadaj raised his hands towards Cloud, "Angel!"

Cloud smiled at him, "Hello to you too, Kadaj. I'm happy you are doing well."

Loz squirmed in Angeal's hands before rushing to hug Cloud's leg, "Angel, play with us."

Yazoo nodded, "Missed you."

Cloud gave them a bright smile, "We can all play together."

Zack sighed in relief, the last few weeks had been really hard on Cloud. While Cloud had not remembered much stuck inside the Mako tank and was in a hazy state, it was no longer the case now. Cloud would wake up in cold sweat from nightmares about Hojo disecting him open. He also remembered some of the plans Hojo would mutter about his children that would sometimes wake him up. During those nights, he would hold the two children to ensure himself they were safe.