In Your Eyes

"Aaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! Aaahhhh! Ahhhh! Aaaaaaaahhhhh!!

Kongpob jumped back from the window he was peeking out, shocked, stunned hearing the blood-curling cry of his husband. He turned around to see Arthit jump into the bed and bury himself under the duvet.

"Oon! What's wrong? What happened?" worried he ducked under to check on Arthit to find him shaking and sobbing, tears flowing down his cheek.

Without a thought, Kongpob grabbed him closer and held him tight, kissing his head, rubbing his hands on his body to calm him down.

When his shivering subsided, Kongpob urged him to speak up.

"Oon, what's wrong? I checked the window there was nothing."

"Let's get out of here, Kong. I knew it. I felt it. I told you, this place is haunted! Please let's get out of here first thing in the morning. Please!" He snuggled closer, burying his head in his husband's chest. Kongpob was perplexed. He knew that Arthit believed in ghosts and spirits and was scared of them, but to see him react like this had him worried.

:::::::::::::::::::::

They were on a week-long holiday, driving through Thailand when they had to make an unexpected stop tonight when their car stopped in a nondescript area full of paddy fields. Despite Kongpob's multiple attempts to start the car, he failed. Seeing the weather turn ominous, Kongpob decided to find a place to spend the night. Even though Arthit was dead against walking in the dark in an unknown area, Kongpob felt staying in the car posed a bigger risk. The weather also was taking a turn for the worse quickly, so Arthit relented.

Surprisingly, just 10 minutes of walking, and they had found a run-down building which was a B&B in the middle of nowhere. It had started to drizzle already, so Kongpob heaved a sigh of relief, but Arthit was too nervous since the time he laid his eyes on the derelict building.

"Kong, this place looks scary. Let's go back and sleep in the car. Please!"

"No, Oon, look, the weather is getting worse. Staying in a solitary car in the middle of a field is even more dangerous. What if we are struck by lightning? What if we are attacked? No, a motel is a safer bet."

"But Kong... look at this place. It looks like a scene from a horror/slasher movie," seeing his doe eyes pleading, Kongpob sighed.

"Fine! Let's go and check this place first. If it feels off, we will go back to the car," Kongpob said, as he worriedly looked at the turbulent sky. The wind had picked up speed, so huddling closer, they walked quickly to the building.

"Look, Oon, they even have a shrine here in the garden. It's safe! It's not haunted," Kongpob assured, smiling sweetly pointing to the shrine in the middle of the garden, which had seen better days.

"What if the person living there is a psycho?" Arthit asked innocently, and Kongpob chuckled.

"Then I will sacrifice my life to protect you, my love. I know taekwondo!" he winked playfully, annoying Arthit.

"Kong!!!"

"Sorry! Sorry! Sorry! Don't worry, Oon. You have the pepper spray with you in your pocket, right? We will be careful."

Arthit, even though not convinced, nodded. Upon knocking, they were welcomed by a kind old gentleman, who along with his wife ran this old bed and breakfast. Kongpob was convinced, and as the night progressed, Arthit started to relax.