Squeaky Clean

Note: This is a continuation of the silly one-shot "Unhygienic"! Enjoy.

::::::::::::::::

Thud!

Aim jumped at the sudden noise.

Seeing Kongpob's head on the table, worried he asked,

"Kong? Are you ok? What's wrong? Are you sleepy? How did you end up banging your head so hard?"

Kongpob turned his head, still in the same position. He was sulking with a prominent pout on his lips. He looked weary, and his eyes were bloodshot. It was late evening, and these two boys were reviewing their group assignment in the library one final time before turning it in for submission the next day.

"Hoi Kong. What's wrong?"

Kong sighed. A deep heavy sigh. Slowly lifting himself off the table, he propped his elbows on them and placed his face in his palms, cupping them.

"Hmmm!!!" he sighed once again.

"Ai Kong! What's wrong? Why are you behaving like this?

Kong looked at Aim and blinked slowly while trying to formulate some words. He looked blank cause that's how he was feeling.

"Kong, you are scaring me now. Did something happen?"

Restless, once again he plopped himself on the table.

"Is it P'Arthit?" Aim asked, knowing his best bud would only be worked up to this extent if it's about his lover.

Hearing Arthit's name Kong looked at Aim and morosely nodded.

"You guys fought? Did you fuck up?" He nodded again.

"Whatever it is, I am sure you can talk it out?"

Kongpob again let out a deep breath.

"Hoi! Stop it. What's wrong? Talk to me."

Kongpob sat up and sighed again.

"Enough with you sighing! It's annoying," Aim said exasperated.

"You won't be able to listen to it," Kong replied, sad.

"Let me decide that. Try me."

Kongpob was silent. Like he needed some time to gather his thoughts. Finally, again letting out a long sigh, much to Aim's annoyance said,

"Did you know that we have about 3200 bacteria of 150 different species on our hands and that when we shake hands we transfer them?"

Aim looked at his palm and then at Kongpob, confused.

"Did you know that studies have found that handshakes expose more than 3 times as much skin surface as fist bumps and the contact lasts 2.7 times longer, resulting in a significantly higher rate of bacterial transmission?"