Pillars

Note: For those who have read 'Love, Arthit!', this is the back story of how Bright came in possession of the 'blackmail' video! 🙈🤭😜

Something simple! Just because!

::::::::::::::::::::::

Buzz... buzz...

Buzz... buzz...

Buzz... buzz...

Buzz... buzz...

"Oi Arthit! Your phone is constantly been buzzing. Why aren't you answering??" Knot asked.

Arthit lifted the phone and looked at it morosely before putting it back on the table face down. It buzzed again, dancing a bit with the vibrations.

Buzz... buzz...

Buzz... buzz...

"Asshole, either you respond to it or I will." Bright poked him.

"Fine!"

"What?" Arthit barked into the phone, and his friends looked at each other before everyone said in unison, "Kongpob!" and burst out laughing.

Annoyed, Arthit threw his empty bottle of juice their way and got up to get away from their teasing.

"P'Arthit. Where are you now?"

"At the cafeteria. Why?"

"P', I am sorry. I am sorry that I couldn't make it to dinner last night. How long are you going to be mad?"

"Whatever! Doesn't matter."

"It matters to me. P'. You are upset with me. I am sorry. I just wanted to close my eyes for 10-minutes. I had no idea I would fall asleep and sleep through the night. Sorry!!"

Arthit sighed. It was one of those rare days when he felt romantic and had decided to surprise Kongpob with a candlelight dinner. That was the best he could do, given that they were not permitted to cook in their dorm and had to always bring in food from outside.

Unfortunately, Kongpob had a busy day and had gotten held back along with his friends at the library, and was late returning to the dorm. He had a headache, but when Arthit had called him to come over, he didn't want to worry him, so withheld this piece of information. He decided to take a power nap before going, hoping that would ease the pain. Alas! He ended up sleeping through the night only to wake up late in the morning to see missed calls and messages from Arthit.

"Done is done, Kong. Let it be."

"Oon," Kongpob whispered, and Arthit went soft. Kongpob knew how he loved hearing his name, and Kongpob used it sometimes unfairly to his advantage.

"I am hanging up. Bye!"

"Ooooonnn!" Arthit disconnected and put his phone in his pocket and headed back to his seat.

"P'Arthit khap!" 5 minutes later, as expected, Kongpob was at the senior's table at the cafeteria.

"Aow! N'Kong! Welcome. Seeing how Arthit barked into the phone, we were expecting you to be here sooner."

Kongpob chuckled. Guess he was that predictable.

"I tried P'. I wish my legs could move as fast as my heart, then I would be here sooner," he gave them his dazzling smile, and Toota squealed, fanning himself, and Bright and Prem banged the table cheering. Annoying and teasing Arthit was their favorite pastime. Knot smiled seeing how red Arthit was turning red. Any moment now, he thought.