Chapter 17: The New NBA Player.

I'm sitting in the kitchen, minding my own business, when I hear a ball being tossed around in the driveway

Well considering I live with a basketball player, the sound doesn't affect me anymore.

But Noah isn't home right now, it's only my parents and I, Sophia is (finally) on a date with Noah and Isabella and Blake decided to go out as well.

Leaving only one person as a culprit.

Oliver.

I opened the door and stepped out, "Hey," I called.

Oliver immediately stopped playing and looked up at me, yes, because I'm standing on the porch I'm taller than him, yay.

"Hey," he smiled softly, "I was waiting for Noah, he said he wanted to play today, but I think he kinda forgot." Oliver sheepishly rubbed the back of his neck.

I frowned a little, that's not nice.

"I can play with you." I suggested.

"You know how?" He asked.

"Not really, no, but you can teach me." I offered and stepped off of the porch, walking over to him.

"Okay," is he blushing? Why?

"Do you know how to dribble?" He asked.

"I think so," he passed me the ball and I started to, what I presume is, dribble.

"Yeah, just faster." He said.

I managed to do what he said and then he started to teach me how to run and dribble at the same time.

Is this a good time to say that I have no athletic abilities whatsoever, and I don't have enough coordination for this.

Fuck.

After about an hour of me running with the basketball in my hands, while trying to dribble, dribble is such an annoying word, I finally succeeded.

"Okay, now onto dunking the ball in the hoop," he started to explain how to do so.

I'm also wearing jean shorts with one of Noah's shirts, the shirt is comfortable, it's the shorts I have a problem with, they are so annoying.

Oliver started showing me the hand movements of dunking, it's not that hard.

"Now, put it all together." Oliver said.

And I tried, I really did, but when I got to the hoop and tried to dunk, I realized that I'm barely half the height of the thing and even when I jump, which isn't very high, I don't reach it.

I turn around, a whole ass frown on my face, I just spent an hour and a half on a stupid game that I can't even play properly, I prefer soccer. Oliver is trying to contain his laughter but he is failing miserably.