0.1

Nadia Maximoff was the oldest of the Maximoff children and had a tendency to love sitcom shows of all decades alongside her younger sister, Wanda. Their father's job was to sell dvd's of these television shows and they had a habit of convincing their parents to watch them to help the family with learning English.

Fifteen-year-old Nadia had sprinted out of her bedroom that she shared with Wanda and Pietro and wrapped her mother in an enormous hug causing Iyrina to giggle from her eldest daughter's antics. "When will Papa be home?" the young girl questioned impatiently.

Iyrina Maximoff knew that the little girl just wanted to watch the various television shows that her husband had to sell to provide for the family. "Very soon, my darling," Iyrina smiled down at the girl. "Now, go tell your brother and sister to wash up for dinner," she patted Nadia on the head to push her gently toward the only bedroom in their tiny apartment.

"Wanda! Pietro!" Nadia called as chased down her younger twin siblings, her little floral blue dress she wore swishing around her caused by her running.

A few moments after Nadia entered the bedroom, Oleg Maximoff arrived home. Shrugging off his hat and shaking the snow off of it, he greeted his wife. Iyrina was on the couch with her husband's opened briefcase that she had grabbed for him so that he could take off his coat and boots. She glanced down at all the unsold dvds. "Oh, Oleg," she sighed as she realized they had made no money that evening.

Oleg was quick to make his way over to his wife and bent his knee, forgetting about taking off his coat. He crouched down in front of her, taking both of Iyrina's hands in his. "Hey, don't worry. I'll sell them all tomorrow," he muttered soothingly to her in Sokovian. "More for TV night!"

He attacked her in a hug and kiss and soon Pietro, with his loudness that tended to drive Nadia up the walls, came running out of the bedroom. "In English, Papa!" Pietro scolded his father. "You said the only rule of TV night is we try to practice our English."

Iyrina agreed with her son. "Yeah. Yes, he is right. We were just making rid of last little bit of Sokovian."

Oleg had finally taken off his coat and tossed it over Pietro's shoulder and the young boy automatically went to go hang it up by Oleg's hat. "Where is your sisters?"

Pietro shouted out the two girl's names instead of going to go find them to see what they were doing. "Wanda! Nadia!"

Nadia giggled as she exited the bedroom and was grabbed into a group hug with her father and Wanda. She felt her father press a kiss to her forehead before letting her free of the shared embrace. "Now we can begin. Wanda, it's your turn to pick."

Oleg lead the youngest Maximoff over to the suitcase brimming with TV shows. "My pick isn't here."

Oleg realized what show Wanda wanted. "I have forgot. I put it in the special place for extra safekeeping," Oleg retrieved the set from behind the sheet on the wall where there was a square shaped hole that the Maximoff family kept all of their most valuable possessions.

"Season two, episode twenty-one," Wanda recalled which episode she wanted after her father held out the boxed set of The Dick Van Dyke Show.

Pietro was clearly not happy with his twin sister's pick. Neither was Nadia who had wanted to watch I Love Lucy, which was her go to pick whenever it was her turn to pick. Her favorite episode was the job switching one from season two and it made her laugh every time she watched it. "Dick Van Dyke again? Always sitcom, sitcom, sitcom."

"The walnut episode," Oleg recalled as he placed the dvd into the player so that their TV night could begin.

Iyrina was already comfortable on the couch as her three children nestled all together on the floor and in front of the small television. "Yes, Rob and Laura have for the most fun shenanigans."

"What is shenanigan again?" Pietro asked curiously.

Wanda was quick to answer her twin. "Shenanigan is like problem, but more silly than scary, but can sometimes be a little scary."

"Yeah, like mischief," Iyrina continued the definition and ruffled Nadia's hair causing her to giggle as she tended to cause the mentioned term quite a bit with Pietro.

Oleg finally joined them and sat down next to his wife. "But a silly mischief that always becomes fine," he told the three interested children and then started the episode for the five of them.

Nadia giggled as the episode started and her eyes wandered over her shoulder to her parents, who were cuddled close together on the couch. Despite only being fifteen, she knew how much her parents loved and cared for each other and hoped that one day she would have someone look at her the way her father looked at her mother. Her mother noticed Nadia and Wanda looking at her and Oleg and blew them a kiss. The two young girls smiled at Iyrina and then they turned back to the TV and huddled closer together.

Suddeny, Nadia's body was flung forward as a loud explosion rung through her ears. Nadia forced herself to open her eyes to see dark smoke billowing through her home. Her eyes scanned a little bit more to see a whole wall of their apartment gone. Stone rubble was all Nadia could see and when she glanced over to where the couch was, she saw her parents bodies under all the debris and rubble.

"Wanda! Nadia!" Pietro gained their attention and pulled his two sisters under the bed. As soon as the three were under the bed, a second shell landed in their destroyed apartment. A name was printed on the sleek black bomb and Nadia read the name and it was a name that Nadia would never forget. Stark Industries.

"Are you both okay?" Nadia asked in Sokovian. "We need to find somewhere else to go."

"We can't," Wanda advised that they didn't move and that it would be even more dangerous if they did.

Nadia shook her head at her sister. In a rushed whispered, her Sokovian easily flying off her tongue, "We need to go."

A soft beeping noise stopped Nadia's protests, she almost mentioned it but Pietro beat her to it by mentioning the voices he heard. "Shh. Do you hear that? Maybe they're here to help."

"Maybe they're the ones who sent it," Wanda countered her brother's thought.

The television that they had been watching The Dick Van Dyke Show on was still working and playing the episode they had been previously watching before the bomb hit their apartment building. "By the end of the episode, you realize it was all a bad dream. None of it was real," the youngest Maximoff spoke softly while using the show to comfort herself as well as Nadia and Pietro.

Wanda went to stick her hand out toward the beeping bomb but Nadia shouted at her. "Wanda! No!" Nadia, too, had stuck her hand out to grab Wanda's hand, not hearing Pietro's protests.