3.7

Nadia watched Christine with worry, her mind racing about Stephen's well-being as the lights flickered in the operating room. Nadia kept her eyes steady on Stephen's unconscious body as her side felt healed enough from her magic that she could now stand on her own without gripping tightly onto the side of the table that the former surgeon was laying down on.

Nadia suddenly felt a cool sensation pass through her body, pushing her forward into the table before Christine felt her body jolt back almost losing her grip on the tools she was using to help her former coworker. She audibly gasped and this made Nadia instinctively reach an arm forward to help keep it balanced while Christine got her composure back. "Oh, shit," she muttered as Nadia retracted her hand after seeing Christine gain her footing.

The enhanced Maximoff spun her head so quickly to the machine that let out a loud beeping. "No, no, no, no," she mumbled as the machine signaled Stephen flatlining.

Christine rolled over a nearby cart to hopefully resuscitate Stephen. She charged the machine up to two-hundred joules and rubbed the two halves together, charging them. The doctor set them against Stephen's chest, jolting his body upward.

Christine jumped after hearing a cart behind her roll further away from her after taking the metal
plates off of Stephen. "Stephen, come on," Nadia begged him to wake up but seeing his astral body appear behind her was not what she meant.

"Hit me again," he demanded of Christine which made her loudly gasp from his sudden appearance.

"Stop doing that!" The Palmer woman scolded him for scaring her once more.

"Up the voltage and hit me again," the former surgeon ordered.

"No, your heart's beating," Christine told him as she briefly looked back to the monitor to see it beeping steadily.

"Just do it," he spoke before glancing toward Nadia and winking in her direction and then disappeared from the two women's sights. Warmth spread throughout Nadia's body from Strange's action and a red hue bloomed across her cheeks as the Palmer doctor listened to his directions.

Christine sighed out loud. "Oh my god," she grumbled and pressed a button on the machine so now it read three hundred and sixty joules and pressed the plates to Stephen's chest once again.

Sparks flew around the room which made Nadia and Christine shriek and duck to avoid being hit. Nadia panted as her eyes turned down to Stephen's unconscious body before she jumped back with a little yelp when he gasped awake.

"Stephen, are you okay?" The enhanced Maximoff asked him as her hand daintily pressed down on his shoulder which made him lock eyes with her dark brown eyes which brought him some comfort.

"Yeah, I'm okay," he sighed out with his hand moving and grazing along the skin of Nadia's free hand. Her hand tingled upon the feeling but she didn't speak on it as Christine started to stitch up his wound.

"After all this time....you just show up here....flying out of your body," she spoke the differences that she didn't recall he could previously do.

"Yeah, I know," Strange mumbled. "I missed you, too, by the way," Nadia felt a swell of something she couldn't recognize, resting in the pit of her stomach as he muttered out those words. She didn't want to admit to herself that it bothered her, the closeness of the two. "I wrote you emails but you never responded," he pointed out which made Nadia deflate in dissatisfaction.