3.5

"We do not tamper with natural law. We defend it," Wong grasped tightly onto the book that Strange and Nadia had taken from the library without his permission.

As Wong was locking the book back up in the silver chains, Mordo asked, "How did you even do that? Where did you learn the litany of spells required to even understand it?"

"I've got a photographic memory," Stephen answered plainly. "It's how I got my M.D. and Ph.D. at the same time," Strange finished his explanation of how he learned the spells so quickly.

"Wow. I thought I was impressive with the fact that I can drink a whole beer underwater but I think you win, Stephen," Nadia spilled one secret fact about herself and almost spoke of how her and Pietro would race each other ( he always won ) but she didn't when all three men stared at her with confusion in their eyes. "I guess that's not something worth sharing," she muttered shyly before she let Mordo continue speaking.

"What you just did....takes more than a good memory," Mordo corrected Strange with the fact that having a photographic memory helped him learn all the spells. "You were born for the mystic arts."

"And yet my hands still shake," Strange looked down to his hands and Nadia had to restrain herself from reaching an arm over toward him to grip onto his hand to comfort and reassure him.

"For now, yes," Wong responded.

Strange questioned. "Not forever?"

Mordo shook his head a little. "We're not prophets."

Stephen turned his head away from his hands to Mordo. "When are you gonna start telling me what we are?" Wong and Mordo led Nadia and Strange over to the podium were the Eye of Agamotto was once situated.

"While heroes like the Avengers protect the world from physical dangers....," Wong looked to Nadia as he deemed her apart of that group.

"You think I'm an Avenger?" Nadia placed a hand to her heart, touched that he thought so. "I mean, I assumed I was but they never explicitly told me I was so it's nice to hear that you think I am an Avenger, Wong," she babbled off but then realized she had interrupted once more with her constant talking.

Wong only stared at her before explaining what they all did here at Kamar-Taj. "We sorcerers safeguard it against more mystical threats."

A orange glowing orb of the Earth floated above their heads as Wong continued to explain what they protected as sorcerers. "The Ancient One is the latest in a long line of Sorcerers Supreme....going back thousands of years to the father of the mystic arts....the mighty Agamotto. Same sorcerer who created the eye you so recklessly borrowed. Agamotto built three Sanctums in places of power....where great cities now stand."

The globe spun as Wong pointed to the doors around the room that they were standing in that lead to where the other Sanctums were located. "That door leads to the Hong Kong Sanctum. That door to the New York Sanctum. That one to the London Sanctum. Together....the Sanctums generate a protective shield around our world."

"The Sanctums protect the world....and we sorcerers....protect the Sanctums," Mordo explained further.

"From what?" Stephen asked as he had no clue as to what they would be protecting the world and the Sanctums from.