1.5

Pietro snooped through the closet, finding and grabbing a new pair of running shoes and a new shirt that was light blue colored as Nadia watched him. He then grabbed two other items that he had found and grinned and afterwards, he tossed the red leather jacket to Wanda and the black leather jacket to Nadia.

Wanda fumbled a bit from the clothing item that landed in her arms. Nadia, on the other hand, embraced the new jacket from her brother and didn't hesitate to put it on. "The one and only time I'll accept a stolen gift from you," the light-haired brunette chuckled, using her hands to untuck her hair from underneath the leather jacket. She then glanced down at the jacket that fit perfectly over her blue shirt and meshed well with her black pants and her black Doc Martens boots.

Nadia beckoned Wanda to put her own jacket on as the former placed an ear piece in her ear so that she would be able to communicate with the team. Wanda looked down at Pietro and Nadia worriedly as she didn't want to lose anyone else. The fear she felt was unmatched but she knew that this was the right thing to do as she watched her twin and Nadia head toward the jet where Cap said to meet for the plan before they all left for Sokovia.

"Ultron knows we're coming. Odds are we'll be riding into heavy fire. And that's what we signed up for. But the people of Sokovia, they didn't. So our priority is getting them out," Nadia moved her eyes up from her lap where she had been staring at her dark blue nail polish to look directly at Steve when he mentioned her country and he made eye contact with her. Nadia weakly smiled at him and he nodded back as they had finally found an understanding between the two.

"All they want is to live their lives in peace. And that's not gonna happen today. But we can do our best to protect them. And we can get the job done. We find out what Ultron's been building, we find Romanoff, and we clear the field. Keep the fight between us. Ultron thinks we're monsters. That we're what's wrong with the world. This isn't just about beating him. It's about whether he's right," Steve Rogers spoke to the team on the jet as Bruce steered the jet to Sokovia.

SOKOVIA

Nadia followed Steve's instructions as well as her siblings and went around the city to evacuate everyone. Both Maximoff sisters used their powers to mind control the people of Sokovia to protect them and make them find some place safe away from the city.

"Shit," Nadia mumbled when she saw tons of robots flying over the city. She gazed around herself stunned before she snapped out of it and guided as many people off the bridge as she could to safety.

"Get off the bridge!" Nadia heard Wanda instruct as the robots climbed up either side of the stone bridge. When the two got everyone off, they both formed force fields from their abilities to protect the people from the robots, who were firing at them. "Run!"

Wanda lost focus when she looked behind her to address everyone and her red force field disappeared, causing her to be hit by one of the robots. "Wanda!" Nadia shouted and willed her sister to get up and move.

Nadia dropped her own force field and pulled her little sister off the cement ground of the bridge and pulled her away and just as they reached the other side, the bridge rumbled. "What's happening?" Wanda asked out loud but didn't expect Nadia to answer as she was also confused on what was going on.

The city of Sokovia was being detached from the earth. Nadia looked down in the direction of her boot clad feet to see cement breaking apart. Clouds of dirt as well as debris were flying everywhere. "Do you see the beauty of it? The inevitability. You rise, only to fall. You, Avengers, you are my meteor. My swift and terrible sword. And the earth will crack with the weight of your failure. Purge me from your computers, turn my own flesh against me," Nadia and Wanda hid behind a beat up car with fear as Clint Barton shot arrows at the robots with Ultron speaking to all the Avengers. "It means nothing. When the dust settles, the only thing living in this world will be metal."

Nadia knew that she shouldn't be cowering away from the fight and she knew she should be fighting for her country and its people. She knew she couldn't just sit around and do nothing. That was the whole point of her leaving her previous life of doing the wrong thing behind her. Steve Rogers saw the good in her and she was not about to prove him wrong by hiding. Nadia was terrified of her unstable magic but she was willing to put aside her fear and become what Steve thought she was. An Avenger.

After telling Wanda what she was about to do and making sure her sister would be okay with Clint, she spoke into the comms to speak with her brother. "I could use a lift, little brother," Nadia addressed the silver haired speedster. Before she could stand up from her crouched position next to Wanda, she felt her body being picked up and whisked away from her spot next to Wanda.

"Cap, you got incoming," Tony told Steve after the super solider had already been knocked down into a car by a robot, denting the car from the impact. Pietro zoomed over to the Capitan and slipped Nadia out of his arms and onto her feet by the car, her boots crunching the small pieces of rubble under her feet.

Pietro zoomed off to destroy more robots as Steve informed Tony about his warning being too late. "Incoming already came in," Steve groaned as he attempted to get off the now dented car.

"How about some backup then?" Nadia helped Cap up to his feet and he gave her a grateful smile at his backup.

"Stark, you worry about bringing the city back down safely," Steve directed Tony. Nadia and Steve looked to the direction of people screaming. "The rest of us have one job, tear these things apart. You get hurt, hurt them back. You get killed, walk it off."

Steve and Nadia had been back to back since she arrived to aid him. When Steve saw a car about to fall off of the broken bridge, he ran over to save the screaming lady. the bumper of the car broke off, sending the car falling toward the ground. Nadia saw and hurried over to help. She held her hands out and let her magic do the work. It was high time that she started believing in herself and not let her powers get out of control.

When Steve disappeared, Nadia focused her energy harder and felt her magic pull the lady and the Captain to safety. "You can't save them all. You'll never," a robot ran over to Nadia and Steve as the woman ran away. Steve threw his shield into the robot and summoned his shield, leaving the robot to fall of the side of the flying city. "'Never' what? You didn't finish!" Steve shouted to the robot.

Nadia looked from the robot to Steve. "Is it weird that I kind of enjoyed that?" She asked curiously with a hint of amusement to her voice.

"Maybe a little," Steve replied back as a car dropped next to them with Thor landing on top of it. "What, were you napping?" He asked the God as he followed after him with Nadia following behind the two Avengers.