2.4

BERLIN

Nadia could hear the obnoxious sirens wailing as she stared out the window at the scenery while they stopped the traffic due to the long line of police cars escorting them. Nadia spun her head away from the window once she heard Sam address the king of Wakanda. "So, you like cats? What?" He asked, looking from Steve to Nadia when they both scolded him for asking that specific question. "Dude shows up dressed as a cat and you don't want to know more?"

"Your suit....it's vibranium?" Steve asked the Wakandan.

"The Black Panther has been the protector of Wakanda for generations. A mantle, passed from warrior to warrior. And now, because your friend murdered my father....I also wear the mantle of king. So, I ask you....as both warrior and king....how long do you think you can keep your friend safe from me?" T'Challa spoke and directed his question to Steve.

Arriving at the destination in Berlin, Nadia climbed out of the van she had been trapped in, her black leather jacket having been taken away from her. "What's gonna happen to him?" Steve asked Everett K. Ross about Bucky, who was standing next to Sharon Carter and had three armed guards behind him.

"Same thing that ought to happen to you. Psychological evaluation and extradition," Everett answered before Sharon introduced him.

"This is Everett Ross, Deputy Task Force Commander," she told them.

"What about a lawyer?" Steve asked the newly introduced man.

"Lawyer? That's funny," Ross commented before directing his next words to Sharon and the men behind him. "See their weapons are placed in lockup. We'll write you a receipt," Ross told them as they saw people carrying Steve's shield and Sam's wings away as well as Nadia's jacket which she found to be absurd for being confiscated.

"I better get my jacket back," Nadia called to the man carrying her jacket away with the others carrying Steve's shield and Sam's wings.

"You'll be provided with an office instead of a cell," Everett Ross continued, leading them to the mentioned office. "Now, do me a favor, stay in it?"

Upon entering the office, Nat had joined them as well as Tony was there on the phone. "Consequences? You bet there'll be consequences," Stark spoke into his cell phone and Nadia assumed he was discussing things with Secretary Ross. "Obviously, you can quote me on that, because I said it. Anything else? Thank you, sir," Tony hung up and walked over to where Nadia was with Steve and Sam.

"'Consequences'?" Steve wondered.

"Secretary Ross wants you three prosecuted. Had to give him something," Tony admitted, trying to justify the term 'consequences'.

Nadia had been summoned into a meeting with Tony and she was filled with worry about the amount of trouble she was in considering she wasn't even a United States citizen. The accords were sitting on the table with a pen right next to the pages. "I think you know what you have to do," Tony told her, gesturing to the pen to sign her name.

Nadia looked up from the table she was now sitting at and gazed up at Tony with a blank face. "And if I don't?"

Tony knew the next words he was about to say would anger the dark haired brunette. "Secretary Ross told me that you wouldn't be granted a visa considering you're not a U.S. citizen and are considered to be a weapon of mass destruction much like Wanda."