chapter four.

RAFE'S POV

"I'm telling you Rafe, one more screw up like this and you're done. Now get out of here. I can't even look at you." My dad spat at me and I couldn't help but laugh in disbelief. This was such bullshit.

My dad walked off, ending our conversation there. I bit my nail, trying to figure out what I was going to do. I'll admit, I did screw up, but to be fair, my dad should've never given me that much money to begin with.

"Told you." I heard a voice come up from behind me and I looked up to see my younger sister, Sarah, stand there with her arms crossed over her chest and smirk on her face. "Should've never bought that bike with the generator money."

God, she was such a bitch.

"Fuck you." I scowled as I stood up and walked past her.

I had to think of a way to fix this. I was tired of being a disappointment to my dad and for some odd reason, Sarah was always the favorite. I never understood why, but it was my turn to mean something to my dad.

I headed inside and grabbed the keys to my truck. I could always clear my mind by going for a drive, so that's what I was going to do.

Once I got my keys, I headed back outside and got in my truck. I sped down the driveway out onto the road with no destination in mind.

I was alone with my thoughts now and there was nothing I wanted more than to get vengeance on my sister. She was always the favorite and it never made any sense to me. She was such a princess, she always got what ever she wanted. It was like my dad would kiss the ground she walked on. It made me sick.

As I was driving down an isolated road, I noticed a girl with dark hair walking down the street. I slowed down and realized it was Scar. What the hell was she doing walking this street alone?

I came up from behind her and stopped once I approached her. She looked at my truck confused and I rolled the passenger side window down. I noticed her face soften once she realized it was me.

"Why are you always following me?" She grinned.

"The hell are you doing walking around here alone?" I asked, ignoring her question.

"Why does it matter? I don't have to tell you what I'm doing." She snapped back at me, now matching the tone that I gave her.

"Get in." I demanded as I unlocked the truck. It wasn't safe for her to walk these streets, especially alone, and especially being as hot as she was. She was new to town after all, she didn't know this place like I did.

She rolled her eyes before opening the door and getting in. "What's got your panties in a twist?" She raised an eyebrow at me.

"Don't," I snapped, hitting my steering wheel, causing her to jump. "Don't, j-just don't worry about it." I now said a little softer. I wasn't going to take my anger out on her. She didn't know, after all.

"Seriously, Rafe, what the hell is your problem?"

I wished she would've dropped it. It wasn't any of her concern, I didn't know why she cared so much.

"Don't worry about it." I repeated as I now began driving down the road again. I still didn't know where I was going, or even where Scar was going, but I didn't care right now.

"You can talk about it if you want, I'll listen." She said softly and once she said that, I instantly felt my demeanor ease.

I sighed as I ran my fingers through my hair. I didn't want to pour my problems on her, but she was the only one, out of everyone in my life, who was willing to do something no one else would. Listen to me.