chapter twelve.

It had been a few days since my last encounter with Rafe and though I told myself I was done with him, I couldn't stop thinking about him. I spent the past three days in my bedroom, alone, wondering when I'd get to see him again. I ran out of every possible substance I could use to help me escape my thoughts, which only led me back to thinking about Rafe. He still owed me.

I needed more at this point, I could feel myself going crazy. And that was when I decided to go back to him. I was going to go back to him this one time to get what I needed and that was it.

I was laying in bed wearing a sports bra and a pair of shorts, so when I got up from my bed I threw on a t-shirt. I grabbed my backpack and went over to my door and turned the knob, feeling that it was still locked. My dad was psychotic.

"You can't keep me locked in here forever!" I shouted as I banged on the door, hoping my dad would hear.

I sighed to myself, trying to figure out what to do. As much as I enjoyed being alone in my room, I hadn't left it for three days. I needed fresh air. I needed to get out of here.

I looked around my room as I tried to think of what I could use to pick the lock. My eyes landed on my bedroom window and I went over to it, looking out to see how far down the ground was. My room was on the second floor of the house, and luckily there was a part of the roof underneath my window, which allowed me to go down easier.

I hoisted my backpack over my shoulders and opened the window, climbing out of it and gently landing onto the roof below. I looked down at the ground that was at least ten feet below me, suddenly feeling nauseas at the idea of jumping. It was my only way down.

I closed my eyes before counting down from three and as I got to one, I threw myself off the roof, landing on the ground below. I immediately let out a groan as my body hit the hard surface. I felt a sting come from my leg and I hesitantly looked down at my leg to see a gash on my thigh, now bleeding profusely.

"Fuck me." I groaned at the sight of the cut and the pain that I felt.

I slowly got myself to stand up and I took my shirt off, leaving me in the sports bra that I was in only minutes prior. I took the shirt and tried to wipe away the blood that was dripping down my leg. I wrapped the shirt around my leg to put pressure on it to stop the bleeding. I looked around to see what I could've possibly cut my leg on like this.

"Motherfucker." I mumbled as I kicked a stick that looked like it had my blood on it.

As much as my leg hurt now, I was glad I was able to walk on it. I made my way towards the street and walked to Rafe's house. All of this trouble just for some coke, how pathetic was I?

I soon approached Rafe's house, feeling nervous as I walked up to it. I had no idea who would answer the door, I had no idea what I would say. I had no idea why I thought I should do this.

I let out a sigh before I raised my hand and knocked three times on the front door. After a few seconds, it swung open and I saw a familiar face.

"Scar?" Rafe looked at me in confusion. "W-What the hell are you doing here? What happened to your leg?" He asked me as he looked me up and down, noticing my leg.

"You still owe me." I said, ignoring his concern.

"Owe you for what?"

I raised my eyebrows, not believing that he didn't know what I was talking about. "You thought I'd actually suck your dick for free?" I questioned him and his eyes widened.

"Shit," Rafe whispered. "Keep your voice down." He said softly as he looked behind him before looking back at me. "Come with me." He nodded his head towards the inside of the house. I followed Rafe inside of the mansion that he lived in and he started to go up the stairs. I cursed to myself as I slowly tried to follow him up. "You need help?" He asked me as he turned and looked at me.