chapter seven.

When we went down to explore the sunken boat, we scoped it out for a few seconds before coming back up for air. John B went back down a second time to try and find something that identified who it belonged to. He found a motel key, which wasn't much but if we took it to the police, they would be able to identify who exactly had the room to the motel, and maybe that person was who the Grady White belonged to.

And that was exactly what we tried to do. John B and JJ went up to the coast guards that were being bombarded with other people trying to report useless things. I stood back with Pope and Kie and I could hear John B and JJ try and yell over the crowd of people that they found a sunken boat, but no one seemed to listen.

When they came back over to us, we were all trying to think of something to do, until John B suggested there was only one way to find out who owned the boat. Pope wasn't too fond of the idea of going to this person's motel room, but I told him I'd stay back with him and keep watch while John B and JJ went and checked the place out.

We got back on to the HMS and took the boat over to the motel, which was absolutely trashed from the hurricane. JJ commented on how this place didn't look like a place someone with a Grady White would stay. I had to agree with him because Grady Whites were insanely expensive and this motel was so run down.

John B drove the boat up to the edge of land and JJ hopped off onto land, anchoring us down.

"Here goes nothin'," John B sighed as he now jumped onto land.

"Hey," Kiara said to John B, catching his attention. "Be careful." She said softly as she handed him the key to the motel room. He cracked a small smile as he took the key from her. "I mean it." She grinned and as I saw the way they looked at each other, I wondered if there was anything going on between them.

Pope, Kiara and I stood on the boat and watched John B and JJ walk up to the motel.

"Welp," Pope sighed as he sat down. "Let's hope they don't do anything stupid."

"Knowing them," Kiara said as she watched them on the second floor of the motel. "They're gonna do something stupid." She shook her head.

I cracked a smile, thinking about how stupid things made for some great memories. And by the looks of this friend group, I could tell they had the best memories together.

I sat on the edge of the boat as Pope, Kiara and I began to make small talk. Whenever John B was brought up, Kie would roll her eyes and try to hide her smile.

"Is there something going on between you and John B?" I asked Kiara after a minute. I was genuinely curious with the way they looked at each other.

"What?" Kiara laughed in disbelief. "Me and John B? N-No," She shook her head. "No way. There's no pogue on pogue macking around here." She told me and I raised my eyebrows, not knowing what she just said.

"No pogue on pogue macking?" I questioned and she nodded her head. "Who the hell came up with that?" I laughed.

"We did." She shrugged. "We're too good of friends to ruin it by doing something stupid."

I shrugged, ultimately agreeing with her. I respected them for setting boundaries in their relationships with each other. Though Kiara was such a pretty girl, I was surprised three guys managed to control themselves around her.

And though they set out a rule that told them that pogues couldn't get with each other, that had me thinking. I wasn't a pogue, and these three boys were so attractive. Just because Kiara couldn't get with any of them, didn't mean I couldn't.

I immediately shook that thought out of my mind. I already got myself into enough trouble with Rafe, I didn't need to be thinking about anyone else.