chapter thirteen.

RAFE'S POV

After Scar finished her shower, she came out of the bathroom wearing one of my t-shirts and a pair of my boxers as shorts. As much as I hated to admit it, I loved seeing her wear my clothes.

Once I got Scar's wound wrapped up, I went downstairs and made us dinner. I wasn't much of a cook, but I knew how to make a simple chicken and rice. I brought the dinner up to Scar and we both sat in my room eating it.

After we finished eating, we both laid in my bed. My arm was around Scar as we watched a movie on my laptop. Not long into the movie, Scar fell asleep.

It was dark outside and I checked the time after laying in bed for an hour in silence, seeing it was almost ten o'clock at night. I sighed to myself as I saw the brunette haired girl sound asleep next to me.

I genuinely felt bad for her and after the way I acted the other night, I felt so guilty for trying to hurt her. She didn't deserve that.

I sat up in my bed and collected the dirty plates from dinner that were on my night stand and decided to bring them into the kitchen. I quietly exited my room, trying not to disturb her. I went down the stairs as quietly as I could, trying not to wake anyone else in my house.

I entered the kitchen and went over to the dishwasher, placing the dishes and utensils in it. As I closed the dishwasher, I heard talking come from the foyer. It sounded like my dad's voice and another masculine voice. Intrigued, I peaked around the corner, trying to see who my dad was talking to this late at night.

"I'm sorry, Anthony, I really haven't seen her." I heard my dad say as he shook his head.

"I know my daughter has been hanging around your son." The man, who I couldn't get a good look at, told my dad. Was he Scar's dad?

"I'll talk to Rafe, but I don't think he'll know anything either. He's been hanging around here lately, and if not, he's out on the green with the Thorton boy and that Kelce kid." My dad explained my whereabouts to this man.

"Have a word with him, will you?" The man asked my dad.

"Absolutely," My dad nodded. They soon said their goodbyes to each other and I leaned my back against the wall, trying to hide from my dad. I heard footsteps approaching closer and I winced, praying he wouldn't catch me. "Know anything about the new girl?" My dad asked me lowly.

"Uh, n-no," I shook my head as my dad now stood in front of me. "No, I don't. Is everything okay?" I asked, pretending like I didn't know.

"Her dad hasn't seen her all day. He can't reach her phone because the towers are still down. He said she's been hanging around you?"

My eyes widened as I immediately shook my head. "N-No," I continued to stutter. "I-I don't know who she is. I-I think I saw her at the kegger the other night with the pogues, but I don't know anything about her." I told my dad, which wasn't a complete lie. Maybe if Scar's dad went after the pogues, they'd stay out of our fucking hair.

"Hmm," My nodded nodded. "A new kook hanging out the pogues, huh?"

"That's what I saw," I shrugged. "I'll let you know if I see or hear anything."

"Thank you." My dad nodded. "Goodnight, son. Get some sleep." My dad said softly as he lightly patted my shoulder.

I nodded in response and I followed him up the stairs. He went down the hall to his bedroom and I went into mine, locking the door behind me. The last thing I would want is someone walking into my room and seeing Scar in my bed.