Chapter Thirty-Seven

B E L L A M Y

Noah and I spend the following week figuring out a way to get him out of his deal with Sebastian. He told me that Sebastian was the one that took care of him in prison, made sure nobody touched him or hurt him, and Noah would do a few favors outside in return.

I had no idea what it was like being incarcerated, but I could imagine that I would probably do the same.

Isaac warmed up to me eventually—yet not quite congratulating me—but Noah wasn't so lucky.

He ignored him most of the time, and when he couldn't, he was short with him. Cold.

I hadn't seen my brother like that before, and I was sad that he still couldn't just be happy for us. I didn't expect to have a baby at twenty-two with someone I've only been on good terms with for a couple of months either, but it is what it is.

"I think it'll be our only option," Noah said, interrupting my train of thought.

"Hmm?" I looked up, picking up my cup of tea and using it to warm up my hands.

Noah smirked, sitting back in his chair and dropping his phone on the table. "I'm going to report his ass and give a statement."

My heart dropped and I leaned forward to grab his hand, placing my tea back on the table. "Noah, what if they think you're just as guilty? What if they decide to follow up on accusations against you? What if—"

"Bellamy," Noah stopped me, taking both of my hands in his and giving them a little squeeze. "That's not going to happen. I'm not leaving you."

I managed to calm down a bit, but that nasty feeling that something terrible was going to happen stayed.

"I'm just scared."

Noah stood up and walked around the table, wrapping his arms around me from behind. "I know."

The both of us jumped when the doorbell rang, and I checked my phone for the time. "Shit."

"What?" Noah asked as he watched me walk to the front door.

"I forgot the time, Maria is here," I explained, opening the door for my friend.

She shrieked softly, leaping forward and pulling me in for a hug. "How are you? And the little guy?"

I chuckled, hugging her back and looking at her as she caressed a hand over my stomach. "You're already showing a little."

Maria hung up her coat and followed me into the house, heading straight for the kitchen to make another cup of tea.

"How are you so sure it's a boy?" I asked, grabbing a cup for her.

She shrugged, taking it from me and flicking on the kettle. "I just am."

I placed a hand on my stomach, pouring the both of us a cup when the water was done, the smell of herbal tea hitting us in the face as I did.

We made our way upstairs, and I put on some music when we arrived in my room. Maria placed her tea on my nightstand and let herself fall back on my bed like she was home, letting out a big sigh.