Prologue

※

Eva Lyra Lane, a true Gryffindor. Everyone knew her as the courageous, sweet, kind and pretty girl of Hogwarts, a.k.a, the Golden Girl of Hogwarts.

Boys would fall on their knees just to have her as their girlfriend. Shower her with gifts, take her on dates, treat her as a queen... Just to call her their.

But Eva? She had eyes for only one boy... Liam Jase Conner, the handsome Ravenclaw boy. It was not his looks that made Eva fall for him, it was his personality and caring nature. 

Oh, how she loved to the time they spent sitting in the Gryffindor or Ravenclaw common room together for hours, not caring what people were talking. How she loved their sweet midnight walk by the Black Lake, hands in hand, not caring if they get caught. How she loved stroking his hairs with hands as he lay on her lap, laughing, talking, not caring what was happening around them. Oh, how Eva Lane loved Liam Conner. She didn't care about anything as long as she was with the boy she loved....

Harry James Potter, also known as The Boy Who defeated the Dark Lord. Every girl wanted to date the handsome and brave Gryffindor. Many tries smuggling him a love potion. But he? He had his heart stolen by a girl who will never love him back. Harry Potter was in love with Eva Lane since forever. He didn't know if it was during 2nd year he fell for her when she stood up for him when people were accusing him of being the heir of Slytherin or in 1st year when she helped him flatten his messy hair before the Sorting Ceremony. All he knew was he fell hard for her... He remembered how his heart broke when he heard that Eva and Liam were dating in 4th year. He remembered how he cried for days or maybe months, knowing she cannot be his. He remembered how much he tried to move on but couldn't. He didn't date Cho Chang who confessed her feelings for him during DA meeting, he didn't date Romilda Vane who asked him out in 6th year. He couldn't because his heart belonged to only one girl, but that girl can never be his....

Alexander Robin Stone, the sassy and friendly Gryffindor and Eva's best friend. He was the person who was always with her, whenever she needed him, he was there. They could fight against the whole world for each other. He lived in the Lane Mansion since his parents were killed by Death Eater when he was jus 7. Eva had always been his little sister that he swore to protect. He was not the biggest fan of Eva and Liam dating, but still supported her after seeing how happy she was with Liam. To be honest, Alex always wanted Harry and Eva to have a happy life together. He could see the love and affection Harry had for Eva in his eyes, the love and affection which Liam's eyes never showed. He wanted Eva to be with Harry, the Potter boy treated her as a queen both before and after she started dating Liam, but of course, some wishes don't come true.... or maybe they will in future....

Ronald Weasley and Hermione Granger knew the love Harry had for Eva. They were there for him during his heartbreak. They were there with him, lending him their shoulders to cry. They were there with his as they watched Harry break seeing the girl he loves being happy with someone who wasn't him....

Laurel Jade Finley, a pretty Slytherin girl with a pretty cold heart. Jealous of Eva's title as the Golden Girl, jealous of Eva's look, jealous of Eva's relationship with Liam. Jealous of Eva Lane. So she makes it her mission to get the most important thing from Eva; her lovely and healthy relationship with Liam....

Author's Note

Hey, besties! Its another Harry James Potter x Oc!

But this is going to be a short story, not like my other story 'Talking to he Moon'. If you haven't read that, do check it out! The chapters would be small too.

All characters belong to JK Rowing, except my ocs and plot.

Things to note:- 

#1. It is a post-war au.

#2. Everyone returns for their 8th year, and Marriage Law is introduced.

#3. Eva Lane will be writing the song Traitor in the story. That means, it is not going to be a muggle song Eva heard. It would be a song she wrote.  

#4. Fred, Remus and Tonks didn't die.

Happy Reading!

- Star Fire