☆↦Chapter-2

※

Emptiness.

That's what Harry James Potter's heart felt. The war had ended, people were celebrating with their families, friends reuniting and new couples forming. His own best friends, Hermione Granger and Ronald Weasley were now dating each other. Ron's sister Ginny was too dating Luna Lovegood.

But what about him? Well, the messy-raven haired boy with emerald green eyes didn't even had his first kiss. It was not because no girl wanted to date him, many did. But the war hero's heart belonged to only one girl, Eva Lane.

But of course, there was no way Eva would be his. She was in a very happy relation with Liam. Liam Conner, the smart Ravenclaw boy that had captured his Eva's hear. Oh, how much Harry loathed Conner, how much he wanted to strangle him when he saw his hands around Eva, how much he hated to see Eva and Liam walking and laughing around Hogwarts, hands in hand.

What Harry did about it? Nothing. He did nothing, he just watched them from the sidelines as heart clenched tightly as if someone was stabbing him over and over again. But what could he do? Try to beak the two's lovely relationship? Even though a part of him wanted to do it, he couldn't get himself to. If Eva was happy with someone in her life, Harry would support her. He wanted the best for the girl. If Eva was happy with someone, he was happy too, even if that someone wasn't him.

Harry remembered the first four school years, he would daydream and make future plans for him and Eva. They could live in a small house by the lake, get a Golden Retriever as their pet, have children and grow old together. Young Harry dreamed of having a loving family but unfortunately the Dursleys weren't someone to call a loving family. After meeting Eva, he knew she was the one for him and they could have a small and happy family in the future. Heck, even older Harry wants this. But he knows it isn't possible. Sometimes he would wonder that god made his life without people who he can call his real family. Don't get him wrong, he loves the Weasleys and Remus and Tonks dearly but they weren't really related. First he lost his parents, he lost his godfather and he even lost the girl he loves. Why can't god just give him a person who he can call his family?

He remember the day when he heard the news that Eva Lane and Liam Conner were dating. It was the day after Yule Ball and he saw the two cuddling in the Gryffindor common room. It was the day when his heart shattered into million pieces. It was the day that made him cry to sleep till who knows how many days, he still does....

~26th December, 1994~

Harry Potter did not believe rumours that flew in Hogwarts. But one rumour caught the boy's attention. This was a rumour he prayed with all his heart to not be true. But, alas, he should know things he dread most often come true....

There lay Eva, his Eva on the lap of Liam Conner in the Gryffindor common room, both laughing as Liam ran his hand through her hair and leaned down to peck her lips.