☆↦Chapter-9

※

''Harry Potter!''

The whole hall fell into shocked silence as soon as the hat yelled the name. They stared from Eva Lane to Harry Potter and back, completely speechless. Though a few certain Gryffindors, Slytherins and a blonde Ravenclaw were grinning from ear to ear.

Harry and Eva stared at each other in complete shock. Both couldn't believe that they had been paired together and would have to marry each other within 2 years. 

Eva shakily got up from the stool and made her way back to the Gryffindor table and sat beside her fiancé. Both avoided eye contact with each other at all cost. Harry and Eva both had light blush on their faces as they heard other students getting sorted.

Harry couldn't believe his luck that he's engaged to the person he had been in love with almost his entire life. He felt as if god was finally giving him a person in his life that he wanted to call his since the first year. He felt giddy and excited but he tried his best to hide it. Maybe dreams do come true. Maybe he can finally have the happily ever after with Eva that he's dreamed of. Maybe his dream of marring Eva, having kids and a Golden Retriever will finally come true. 

He then glanced at Eva and his smile faltered. Eva was looking down at her lap with an unreadable expression making the realization hit Harry. They are going to have an arranged marriage, a marriage with only one sided love. He knew Eva didn't have feelings for Harry and now she is going to have to spend her entire life with someone she doesn't even love romantically. The thought shattered Harry's heart. He knew that he will give Eva all the love he has for her but he also knew that Eva won't be able to returned that love.

Harry felt his chest clenching, as he wondered; are they going to have an one-sided relationship their entire life? Will Eva never be able to love him the way he does? Will their marriage be just a marriage that was arranged by the Ministry?  

As much it will pain Harry, he made a vow to himself that he will give her all the love and respect that she deserves, but won't expect anything in return. He will dedicate his life to give Eva the life she want and won't ask her love or affection in return. He will stay happy in Eva's happiness, forgetting his own happiness. He will be the best husband to Eva and won't expect her to be the loving wife to him in return because Harry loves her too much to force her to be in love with him, even if it hurts him...

Eva sat beside Harry as she stared at her lap, thoughts running in her head. She was now engaged to Harry Potter, her best friend. She now finally realized that she can never be able to be together with Liam ever again as the selfish part in her wanted to. She was now engaged to Harry in a marriage in which their wasn't the love that the husband and wife have for each other. Of course, she didn't know how much Harry loved her.

Marrying Harry wasn't bad or disgusting, it was just weird for Eva to marry her best friend she doesn't have romantic feelings for. She do admit that she had feelings for him in her first three years but after getting together with Liam, her feelings for Harry disappeared. But now she was engaged to Harry and she doesn't know what to think. Was it the right choice? Will Harry and Eva stay happy with each other? Will they ever be able to accept each other as their life partners?