Chapter 4 - Freyja and Azreal

Big yawn* "Good morning, Sylvia," I say whilst getting my morning stretch in.

"Good morning, Art, now care to explain to ear cuffs of yours?" Sylvia asked with a hint of curiosity in her voice.

"Ah, these are communication ear cuffs I made with the help of a dear friend of mine. When linked to another pair it allows for vocal communication between two or more people. In the future I'm hoping to upgrade them to do much more than make calls, maybe show holographic images of the person/s you're speaking to or even games like chess."

"You know most people could only dream of creating something like this and yet here you are dissatisfied with your creation; I wish you the best of luck in your endeavors. Now, come here I still have some things to give to you."

She hands me a rock wrapped in a white feather; Sylvie's egg, I'll protect you with every once of my power that basilisk scum won't get anywhere near you. "Ahem, I'm glad you like it so much, you see it's something quite precious to me so please always keep on your person"

"I will treasure and protect it with my life," I said releasing some aura to show my resolve. 

"Thank you, Arthur, now you'll need some weapons to cut down your, would-be enemies," she said passing me two swords. Inspecting the first blade, it was beautiful, to say the least, a metallic dark red blade with runes etched along its length, a rose for the hilt and an ivory white handle. The second blade, equally as stunning had a black blade with a silver edge and runes etched along its length, a light gold hilt with two rings on either side as well as a deep royal blue handle with a string of ornaments attached. 

I examine the blades once more this time searching for W

I examine the blades once more this time searching for W.K.IV but instead, I found Wren Kain followed by a faded scribble on both blades under their hilts. That's odd, "Hey Sylvia, who is Wren Kain, and what's with the faded scribbles?" I asked genuinely intrigued. 

"Always the observant one, Wren Kain was a master blacksmith. And the faded scribbles are where the blade's names once were however since I'm passing them unto to you their old names have faded and now you must rename them after all..."