Chapter 30 - Prep Work

"Strip and lie down on the table," I ordered.

"My, my so bold. What would Princess Tessia think of this?" Aya teased.

"That you're a horny elf who likes making perverse jokes," I deadpanned.

"*Sigh* You're no fun," she whined.

"Arthur, are you sure this will work?" asked Alduin.

"Yup, 99.6% sure."

"And the .4%," Virion asked.

"Should the process failed I simply have to remove the tattoos and start over. Don't worry, I won't needlessly endanger someone's life."

"I wonder if I'll be able to match Varay with this?" Alea muttered to herself but I still heard it.

"Varay will be getting one as well, if you want to match her instant casting, continuing working on your beast will and use of mana zone," I advised. "Also are you three going to stay here the entire time?" I asked, looking at three Eraliths.

"We took the day off," Merial said.

"So, you choose to spend it watching me give the girls tattoos?" I asked.

"We are interested in the process," Virion said.

"Guys, go spend the day with Tess. When school starts, things are going to get hectic, and then we will be diving straight into war so free time will become even more scarce," I said.

Thinking about it for a few moments Alduin said, "It has been a while since we last had a family day, hasn't it?"

"Yes, I do remember her asking to visit the lake," Merial responded.

"Then it's decided we'll call Tess and have her meet us at the lake. Hyperloop sure makes things like this easy," Virion praised.

"Well, that was its intended purpose," I said as I began infusing mana and aether into the ink.

"We'll leave you to it then," they said taking their leave.

With all my focus on controlling my mana flow, consistency, and density I began the process. Unlike regular tattoos, I will slowly pour the ink directly into their core and then the tattoos will take the most suitable forms for the user. During this time the person that I'm tattooing will be placed into a trance-like state where they will begin to subconsciously learn more about mana and how to better utilize their spells. About three hours had passed and Aya had awakened with her tattoos taking the form of many daggers along a long continuous line that ran across her body. Repeating the same process for Alea took 5 hours, which was most likely because of her beast will. Her tattoos took the form of vertically mirrored roses that covered her arms, torso, and legs.

Leaving both elves to better acquaint themselves with their newfound knowledge I teleported to the Beast Glades since I can't directly teleport into the Wyvern's territory. Following the path Sylvie had taken I made my way through the waterfall and was greeted by a dark red wyvern.

"Mister Leywin, it's an honor to meet you, sir," the aged wyvern greeted. "I am the leader of the Wyvern Clan, Agro."

"The honor is mine," I said entering a bow. Exchanging some more pleasantries we began walking deeper into their territory.

"Is there a Mordian of the Phoenix Clan, here?" I asked as he would be the best person to testify against Kezess.

"Yes, but I am afraid that he is on his last legs and doesn't have much time in the land of the living," Agro grimaced.

"Lead me to him."

"I doubt he would be of help given his current situation but if you insist," he said leading the way to the outskirts. Waist-high grass covered the land and dozens of colorful insects buzzed about. Entering a shabby-looking shack, a wave of intense heat rushed past my face.