Chapter 18 - Hyperloop Debuts

Blaine's POV

"Your Majesty! Your Majesty! Another family has been massacred!" shouted my messenger, Tom.

"Yeah, it's unfortunate what happened to the Leywin's, but that's what they get for being so cocky?" I say indifferent.

"Leywin's? No, you're Majesty it's the Sacred Family, they were all murdered. Even those out in the beast glades and the branch houses have all been eliminated!"

"They were the strongest family in Sapin!" shouted Curtis.

"Strength can't only be measured in magical prowess or number of mages, son. The Leywin's must have anticipated an attack so they probably made the first move. But how did they get so much manpower and information to be able to fully eliminate the Scared Family?" asked my wife.

"Could it be those masked guards they had with them yesterday?" asked Kathlyn said while munching on toast.

"Your Majesty, there has been a newly formed guild by the name of Tekkadan. All members wear black suits and face masks and very rarely talk, however, officially they are a bodyguard and protection service," said my advisor, Jerimiah. "The Leywin's seemed close to the Helstea's so maybe they had connections to a noble family, or mercenaries who wanted the Scared family dead."

"Your Majesty should also know that only the corpses of the Scared Family were found and most of them were killed with one clean hit. Also, the attackers robbed them clean of any and all valuables," said Tom.

"This could only mean that the Leywin and Helstea families are far more dangerous than we thought; Your Majesty I propose we cull any possible threat to the security of Sapin," advised Jerimiah.

'I've saved your family's, and your life twice today, do keep that in mind when we next meet' "No, if they had meant us harm, they could have killed us yesterday or let Harrison do it, but he saved us both times. I believe as long as we stay out of their way they won't make any drastic moves," I said.

"Your Majesties, the carriage is ready," said the head maid.

"Ah yes today is the semi-finals of the three races tournament," I said motioning for my family to follow.

Arthur's POV

"Arthur, did you have anything to do with the massacre of the scared family?" my father sternly asked.

"Why do you think I have anything to do with it?" I retort.

"Because yesterday, you seemed really annoyed at Harrison and you ordered your guard to kill him."

"True, however, he was trying to take our bonds and then he tried to murder the royal family. I simply did my duty as the guardian of Sylvie and a citizen of Sapin. What happened to the Scared Family is none of my concern as I only care about your guy's safety. Now if we are done with baseless accusations, I have a meeting with Gideon in Etistin; it would take a while so I'll most likely be home late at night," I said taking my leave.

'Did you really have to be that hard on them?' asked Regis.

'Yes, the less they know the better and now they will be less likely to pry'

Walking to the Hyperloop construction site, the Etistin Main Station as we call it had several capsules ready to go as well as huge tunnels connecting all throughout the capital.

"Amazing, isn't it?" asked Gideon.

"It really is. I didn't think it could have been built this fast."

"Thanks to those forklifts, cranes, and flatbeds you invented the work has been progressing quite fast. Now in three weeks the Tournament will end and the leaders of the three races would be here for the unveiling, I do hope you have your speech ready."