Chapter 19 - Anomaly at the Adventurer's Guild

Over the past year, the interest in hyperloop has grown so much so that investors were lining up at the door. Thanks to the increased funding we were able to form two teams, one team focusing on building towards Zestier, and the other focusing on building towards Vildoral {Darv's capital}. Once we establish stations in all three capitals, trading amongst the three races should become a lot easier. Also, the council is moving a bit faster than they did in the previous timeline as now the borders of the three kingdoms have been opened for trade.

'Papa, are you sure we have to be separated?' asked Sylvie.

After eating all the cores I gathered from Elshire Forest, Sylvie has grown into a high A-class, low AA class mana beast. I also taught her how to properly meditate so that she can also learn to use aether arts as soon as possible. 'This is the most efficient way' I replied. See, the plan is quite simple, Sylvie is difficult to feed, not in terms of money but the availability of higher-level cores, so for the next two years she will solo hunt with the insanely hard goal to become a SS rank beast. My goal as an adventurer is to gain the highest rank that I could and clear as many dungeons as I could so that my fame would spread.

"What's the point of fame, when you're not going to use that identity after adventuring?" Regis asked.

"While I may wear a mask and use a codename, people will still be able to identify me."

"How would they?"

"You, my magic and my swords," I said

"Huh?" both uncle and niece said while tilting their head in confusion.

"I'll have Regis accompany me as my bond, use a toned-down version of Amaterasu, purple ice, and purple lightning and I have yet to find a sword that looks close to Freyja and Azrael. While at school I'll use Dawn's Ballard and my elements according to the situation but for the attack on Xyrus, I'll 'reveal' myself using said unique magic and items. Although I'm sure some people would still doubt my strength but that shouldn't matter too much," I explained.

In addition to increasing my fame and Sylvie increasing her strength, we would also be on the lookout for traces of the phoenix and wyvern's clan. While the wyverns are loyal to the Indrath clan, I'm hoping the testimony of the phoenix clan can at the very least question their loyalty to Indrath.

"Art! The carriage is here!" shouted my father.

"Coming!" I said as I grabbed my mask and left the room.

"Damn son, you're already looking like an S rank adventurer," my dad said ruffling my hair.

"Thanks, but you know the highest rank you can get when you're first tested is A rank and then you can gain AA and S rank by gaining lots of achievements."

"Oh, so you're going to settle for A rank?"

"Of course not, I'm going to speed run dungeons and become S rank in no time."

"*Sigh* Boys will be boys," my mother said while shaking her head. "Art, are sure you'll be okay on your own?"

"Mom, I've sparred with dad and the Twin Horns, who are all silver core mages and I have yet to use any of my aces and more powerful and destructive forms of my magic," I said hoping to ease her worry.

"Fine, just don't overdo it, and make sure to always watch your back."

"Oh, actually I never showed you guys this but I have a second bond," I said as reis appeared behind me, standing at twice my height.

"HOLY SHIT!" shouted my dad as my every else was speechless.

"I plan on letting Sylvie loose in the beast glades so that she can gain more strength by eating the stray mana beast there while keeping Regis at my side."