Chapter 29 - A Noble's Downfall

"*Clank* Stupid bitch! Can't you do anything right!?" I yelled as I slapped the tray of cookies out of her hand.

"I'm sorry," the worthless maid sobbed.

"Useless! Useless, useless, useless, you are ALL so fucking USELESS! How fucking hard is it to make a decent batch of cookies. Are you telling me that I must eat that sugar stone, you and the other useless filth call cookies!" I raised my hand to slap the bitch but someone had caught it. In a fit rage, I conjured a fireball ready to incinerate the fool who dared to interrupt my fun. *Zap* "Ahhhh!" I screamed as lightning coursed through my entire body.

"Lucas, did you leave your team to die in the Dire Tombs?" came the voice of my brother.

"What!? *Cough cough* I would never. After reaching the boss room our strongest died and we all ran for it but only I survived!" I yelled through the pain.

"Then why are there countless articles claiming otherwise!?" he shouted while pointing to his phone.

The hell is talking about? I killed those bastards myself leaving Glasses and the girl for the beast to play with. "Someone's trying to frame me!"

"Why do say that?" he asked. I knew it, this fool may be the perfect model soldier but when it comes to me, his little innocent brother all that is thrown away. "I, I watched them die, I wasn't strong enough," I sobbed.

"Lucas, the five you claimed to have died were rescued by Havaca, and they all give similar testimonies all stating that you betrayed them."

"No! Impossible, I watched them die! I know they because I ki... myself," I muttered the last two words as realization had dawned on my verbal slip up.

*POW* Bairon's lightning-clad fist swiftly connected to my lower jaw, sending me flying into the wall. "Fucking disgrace," he whispered as I lost consciousness.

***

"Ow," I groaned. Have I been arrested? I'm alone in a dark cell with my only source of light coming from outside the cell. My hands are chained to the wall while my feet just dangled in the air. It's cold and damp in here and something is blocking my use of mana.

*Clunk, Clunk, Clunk* 'Someone's coming,' I thought.

"Hello Mister Wykes," a seductive female voice greeted. "I'm Ibiki, and I'm in charge of all the prisoners in this wing. Let's get you ready for your trial today," she said in an eerily happy voice.

The doors of the cell opened and four large men covered head to toe in fear-inducing armor entered and released the chains that suspended me in the air. *Thud* Without any time to collect myself, I fell bruising my hands and knees on the cold stone floor. "Oi, assholes! Do you know who the fuck I am?" I asked only to receive a whip across my cheek.

"Yeah, we know you. The one who attack his teammates and left them for dead," one guard mocked.

"My father will hear about this!" I yelled.

"Hahaha, the bastard doesn't even know that he's been disowned," they laughed.

"What the hell do you mean?"

"He means your father posted a video of apology for your actions and at the end, he dismissed you from the family, you know excommunicado," Ibiki said in an amused tone, clearly enjoying my confusion. "Drag him if you have to; we're on a tight schedule after all."

One of the guards kicked my side, "Move bitch!"

 Promptly getting up I followed Ibiki to what looks like a washing room. "Strip!" she ordered.