Chapter 34 - Orientation Day Pt 2

"You know I thought you were going to beat him to a pulp for a second there," Lilia said as she walked into view alongside Tess, Clive, and Jarrod.

Huh, now that I think about it wasn't I supposed to meet Jarrod at Ellie's birthday party? Without time to really think about it, I stared awkwardly at the two girls in front of me. Tess and Lilia are both well respected because of their parents and could be considered as 'eye-candy' because of their beauty. Tess has a refined, mature yet somewhat childish way about her while Lilia has a bubbly yet somewhat serious allure.

"Fuck it, they would have found out sooner or later," I muttered as I embraced my childhood friend, now fiancé into a tight. It seems we both aren't fans of PDA but after a second, she returned the hug with an even tighter grip. Several gasps could be heard from the crowd while the elves amongst us simply smirked with some even shouting 'it's about damn time!'

"I missed you so much," she whispered into my ear.

"It's only been a few months," I responded, but of course, every good thing must come to end.

"Peasant! What the hell do you think you are doing!?" Clive simped, pulling me off Tess. Aww, I was enjoying that hug.

"Clive!" both Tess and Lilia screamed.

"I'm sorry Princess but this commoner has stepped out of bounds," Clive said with a straight face.

Lilia, Tess, and the elves were seething, ready to attack at a moment's notice but with the wave of my hand, they restrained themselves. "Who are you to get in between me and my fiancés?" I asked with my face devoid of emotion and a stern voice.

"Fiancé!? Delusional fool when they majesties hear about this, you'll...!"

Before he could continue, I re-released my aura, this time the one I would use in meetings to scare, I mean negotiate with high-ranking individuals. "Child, while our engagement has not been public as yet it gives you no right to lay your hands upon me. If you had observed the situation, you would have seen that Tess was clearly returning my hug."

Shock, embarrassment, and panic dawned across Clive's face as he realized his grave mistake, yet the fool would not admit it. "*Sigh* If we have nothing else to discuss... girls, I have to go talk to Cynthia so meet me for dinner at 8 in the café," I said walking off.

"Halt! I Clive Graves hereby challenge Arthur Leywin to a duel," he said grabbing his badge.

"Tell me, why do you think it is a good idea to duel me?"

"Because you might a genius but there is no way you're good at fighting since you're a scholar mage," he explained.

"Tess just gave a speech about not discriminating against one's uniform and race and yet here you are..." I mocked.

"I am not discriminating! I simply want to test your battle prowess and show Princ-everyone just how weak you are," he grinned.

'Bruh, I say we fucking kick his ass' Regis said greatly annoyed.

"Very well, I Arthur Leywin accept this challenge," I said with both hands in my pocket.

"See, you're nothing but a cocky brat! Even at the start of the duel, you force yourself to look relaxed. No matter! It just makes my job so much easier," he said finally firing an arrow.

[All Mighty Push] With a single thought I sent his arrow right back at him that cracked the shield that's protecting him. With a war cry, this long-range augmenter stupidly charged towards me rapid-firing arrows which I simply swatted away. *Woosh* He swung his bow at me engaging in melee combat. Growing bored of this 'fight' I simply grabbed his bow and snapped it in half, then deliver a quick kick to his temple leaving him spasming out the floor.