Wakas

Wakas

"Captain, let's go."

I shifted my gaze to a fellow flight attendant when he tapped my shoulder to inform me for the pre-flight briefing. 

"Mauna ka na. May hihintayin lang ako," tugon ko nang balingan siya saglit.

"Talaga nga namang hindi ka makakaalis nang hindi napapanatag ang loob." Nginisian niya ako. "Sige, una na ako. Sunod ka agad."

I smirked and nodded without saying any words. My gaze darted back to my phone when it vibrated for a message. I quickly unlocked it to read.

Leighrah:

I'm already here.

Pagkabasa ng mensaheng iyon ay agad akong tumayo at kinuha ang flight bag bago tinungo ang labasan, mabilis ang paglalakad.

Me:

I'm on my way to the first class lounge.
See me there.

Hindi ko na tiningnan pa ang tugon niya nang mag-vibrate ang phone ko ulit.

My eyes automatically found her, and my excitement surfaces as I finally saw her. Mabagal akong naglakad, pinagmamasdan ang kanyang galaw.

In every seconds, she looked down at her phone impatiently waiting for notifications to popped.

My Leighrah Dawn in her light brown smock dress and strappy sandals, standing alone at the first class lounge entrance with her cute pink luggage beside her.

Even from afar, her Filipina beauty stands out and flashing. Her natural pitch black wavy hair is in full bun but some strands of hair loosened on the side of her face. She rushed out to come yet she still look fresh and well dressed.

She's effortlessly attractive and it's captivating that I couldn't stopped myself admiring her. It never gets old and unfading.

Despite the meter distances between us, the noise from the environment, and even the distracting people walking passed in front of us... siya lamang ang nakikita ko.

I stopped midway to stole shots of her and sent it to her right away. Yumuko siya para agad tingnan ang mensahe ko. Napanood ko ang pagsilay ng nakakabighaning ngiti sa kanyang labi habang tinitingnan iyon.

I continue to walk, unobtrusively nearing her. And when she looked up, I was already in front of her. Masaya niya akong niyakap ng mahigpit. Humalakhak ako.

"God, Zachary! I missed you so much!" she blurted out.

Isang linggo kami hindi nagkita dahil kauuwi niya lang kahapon galing Iloilo para sa isang team building, at ako ay galing Baguio. Kahapon lang din umuwi dahil may trabaho ngayon.

Humalik ako sa pisngi niya ng napako ang tingin sa'kin, pinagmamasdan ako.

"Looks like you didn't rush to come. You still look dashing."

Inirapan niya ako.

"Hindi lang halata. Sana sinabi mo para nakapaghanda ako, diba?"

"Hinanda ko naman mga kailangan mo. Ikaw na lang ang hindi." Ngumisi ako.

"Ang sarap ng tulog ko. Istorbo ka! Tarantang-taranta pa akong nagbihis akala ko may emergency."