chapter 5

" participant no. 172, 173, 174..."
It was the most important time now,
After all these tasks now, it was time for the captains to select, there own team members, the atmosphere was melancholic, suspicious and anxious.
Because the captains were rarely raising there hands, as if not interested at all.

" Participant no. 188"
A girl came infront, beauty grace elegance and Power are the perfect words to describe her, her long slender legs, back length hair, innocent sun tanned face with absolutely no expression in it. She was the only one who was able to do all the tasks as if it was so simple, and jungkook eyes threw hearts at her.
Pretty thought jungkook.
When she stepped at front, all the captains raised their hands.

Everyone gasped in shock, they knew she would have gotten in the interests of all the five captains, because she was the sister of the emperor, it was almost as if the history was repeating itself.

The girl just growled lowly and side eyed the emperor, she pointed up at him, making the crowd gasp again.
The emperor smirked again, but instead of saying anything, he just nodded, and the girl just slumped her shoulders.

"Participant No. 189"
Jungkook came forward, he heard from a few people that captain jimin was very generous and he had the chance to be selected by him.
10 second passed, no one raised their hands, jungkook's eyes were wide while he looked down.

The examiner shouted.
" Go on boy let the others come"
But he didn't left his place, stood their like a statue, no signs of him to take any step back. When he suddenly felt a huge rush of aura, the shouting crowd was silenced, the audience couldn't help but move back due to the pressure but jungkook was strong.
The emperor admire this about him.
He came closer, his hands resting on his chin.
" You have nothing special in you as I sense," the  emperor said, the strings attached on jungkook's body unfolded themselves to their owner. The emperor inclined towards jungkook and whispered.
" But that's what makes you special"

" These strings help me to look on somebody's past or future, play of time I call it" he said.

And left, jungkook's eyes still wide from the shock.
Did.. Did the emperor of Kalopsia, whom the whole world is scared of called him special?

He looked around to see the others looking at him, with lips twitched up, like in disgust, side eyeing him with judgemental thoughts, it was a nasty scene.

Jungkook went away tk stand at the side till the rest of the selection, when the girl who was choosen by all the captains came and stood near him, it was awkward but they said nothing, almost as if indulging in a silent conversation, the other 10participants after him were done with their tasks too, some selected, some not.

The emperor stood up again,
" Congratulations to those who got selected, and to those who didn't you all have many chances prepare yourself for the hardest, the selected participants you will be escorted to your designated houses"
With that the emperor left, with a emotionless face.

" Would you like to have a fight with me?" Jungkook looked at her, with wide doe eyes was she talking to him?

" I'm talking to you bunny boy"
" Huh.. oh yes yes.. ofcourse it will an honour your highness"

"Jiah, you can call me that and since I'm older you shall use honorific"
Jungkook looked at her again.
" Oh no no your highness it's alright, I'm comfortable with Calling you.."
He was cut-off
" It's an order bunny boy" she glared making the poor boy gulp,
He nodded.
" Y-yes... Jiah noona"
He blushed
good god what's happening??

" Let's go bunnyboy"
He looked up. " Hm? To where?"
She looked at him, actually scratch that glared that him.
" To the royal palace ofcourse, you didn't think that they would let the Kingdom's diamond  sleep here did you?" Jungkook shakes his head immediately denying the charges even though they were true.

" Jiah noona..." he called out to her, and Jiah just hummed looking back at him. " I.. need to use the bathroom..could you wait for me"
He looked down blushing. She looked at him with an annoyed look and sighed.
" Go and come back faster" she said and jungkook ran towards the bathroom.
She was waiting outside when se heard someone " I'll kill that jungkook, he took away my chance to impress the emperor, if not for him I would have been the decades diamond, I just hate captain jin so much, he is always peace and love, no adventures and fight, he's in the bathroom right now, I shall secretly attack him" Jiah peeked from the side to see the same boy with whom jungkook was in combat with for the 3rd task.

Bongil entered the bathroom and casted a spell from which heavy chains appeared from his aura.
" Dance of the pitless viper " the chains were about to enter the stall in which jungkook was when bongil felt something pointed near his neck, he stood straight and frozen.
" Take back, take back your spell or I shall do it in my way by killing you"
Said Jiah. " Y-Your h-highness... I-i-it is not what you.."
" Oh it is exactly what I think it is, you dare to be close to jungkook again and I shall behead your ungrateful being, now leave" she said while calming down. Bongil ran away while stumbling a little, at the exact moment jungkook came from the stall while rubbing his stomach while a having a satisfying expression his face. " Satisfied after making a royal wait, bunny boy" jungkook stood still, he saw Jiah approaching him, and dragged him out. " Come on bunny boy we need to meet up with the emperor too"
Meet the emperor? Wait... what???
" Noona we are meeting the emperor?"  " I'm sure I didn't speak any of it in some foreign language bunny, ask some useful questions" he laughed nervously.
" No.. actually..umm.. why do we have to meet him?" " I said useful bunny but anyways to discuss some stuff"
Jungkook made a loud 'o' sound.

A carriage was there to escort them to the palace, the royal Butlers bowed to Jiah and she nodded in acknowledgment while jungkook bowed to every single of them.
They carriage began to fly and jungkook let out a squeak of suprise and excitement. " First time in a carriage bunny?" " Yes noona" jungkook answered her while smiling widely. The further journey went away in silence, other than jungkook's occasional squeaks and Jiah's teasing in between of him being scared of height.

They reached the royal palace and jungkook was just in awe of the place, with a smack at the back of his head from Jiah he was brought back from the trans.

They were walking forward to the gates in silence while jungkook was looking around, the silence was soon broken when jungkook spoke.
" Noona" Jiah looked at him with a natural glare, which made jungkook gulp.

"Um.. nothing" he said while scratching his back of the neck.

They reached the main hall where all the magic knight captains were present, talking with eachother with light heart and laughing.
All their attention was on jungkook and Jiah when they entered.
" Oh Jiah, you're here, come we were just talking here while waiting for the emperor" said seokjin.
Jiah nodded and went to sit near her brother. Jungkook stood their awkwardly while hiding from their gazes. " Oh you must be jungkook right!!" Someone in a very excited tone voice said. " Must be exciting to be the decades diamond, tell me how do you feel??!" Asked jimin while hovering over jungkook in his excitement making the poor boy stumble back. " Jimin let the poor boy sit, your scaring him" said Captain seokjin again, and captain jimin backed away while chuckling nervously " yes, please have a seat jungkook" he said and showed him a seat. " I still didn't understand why the  emperor made you his magic knight, I mean we already knew about Jiah but you.. anyways because his majesty chose you, he must have seen some kind of potential in you" said captain yoongi. " The names yoongi" he said.
" Even though you already know all of us I shall introduce everyone to you, that's namjoon, that's Hoseok, that's jin and that's jimin" everyone waved at him with a warm smile. Jungkook stood up and bowed to everyone. They laughed at his formality except Jiah who was busy in reading the papers on the table.
" You can call me hyung since your young, don't worry jungkook" said captain namjoon. " It's an honour sir" he said and bowed again. Suddenly hoseok jumped on the table right infront of jungkook, " you dare play any dirty tricks with the kingdom or betray us noone will be worse than taehyung, but I shall behead you first, even before him." Hoseok said and backed away making jungkook gulp.
" Am I clear?" Hoseok asked.
" Y-yes sir"

The gates opened making a creek noise and entered His majesty.
Everyone stood up from their seats in respect, he eyed jungkook up and down. Before sitting down himself.