chapter 17

"No!"

A truth has never hurt so much before. I would rather hear a sugarcoated lie but the harsh truth.
It's all a mess.. a havoc...a total Chaos.

It's like I'm trapped, I feel helpless..
What should I choose? My Kingdom's people whom my father entrusted me with? My family who was always with me even though I was never there with them? Or My lover whom I was nothing but only cruel.. cruel to the only one that could heal me.

Why are you traps so merciless Aphrodite? You said it will be alright this time.
You said I can trust you.

All your betrayals keep getting merciless everytime but all I do is clutch on you in desperation, in deprivation.

I feel like I should laugh at myself.
The man You have become Kim Taehyung.

A shame.
You are nothing but a shame.

You will now understand the need of family, the need of your loved ones when you see them dying right in front of you when you're in the most helpless of state.

"Beautiful thoughts, eh, Taehyung?"

He looked up.

" You can think later, sitting in that cold, old dungeon of yours.."
He laughed devilishly.
"Ohh that rhymed"

" But, eh, taehyung you should rather enjoy the show- my bad- the death of your loved ones, you have a lot of time to mourn and regret over them and your deeds, hmm"
He lifted taehyung's chin up to make him look at him.

Taehyung growled at him, he was tied down by cursed chains.
If only curses could break curses then he would have killed him.

But curses do kill curses.

~~~~~~~~~~~

"Taehyung" someone yelled.
Namjoon and jin running towards him carrying a wounded jimin in their arms, who was panting hard while clutching them.

Taehyung rushed toward them.
He looked at Jimin's condition and felt like the bile in his stomach was almost at his mouth. It was very bad. It was far by from explanation.

But if he is late and dosen't heal him, he could die.

Laying him down on the bed of the healing room, jin and taehyung started chanting some mantras.

A glowing green light engulfed jimin, making him float in air.

Sweat dripping from the side of Jin's face, Taehyung knew he was clearly not in the best condition because patrolling and securing the boundaries aren't easy, it totally drains your power. It's a suprise Jin is helping maybe that's the power of an element.

But it's the power of love and affection which he has towards jimin. When will you understand Taehyung?

Covering Jimin's naked body with a blanket, they let him rest.

"What's his condition, Taehyung?"
Namjoon who was roaming around the hallway the whole time, asked anxiously.

"He's fine, will be back to before after some rest" physically not mentally.

But he didn't say it, he knew it was for the best.

"How are Jiha and Yoongi doing?"
Asked Jin, who was walking a few steps behind Taehyung.

"Better now."
"Both concious?"
"Both concious"

"It hasn't effected any of their physical ability right?" Namjoon who was silence all the time asked.

"Why do you ask that?"

They stopped.
Taehyung looked back to see Namjoon standing in an awkward position, hesitant of saying something.

"Say, what."
His hands went behind his back, taking something, he gave a paper scroll to Taehyung.

As Taehyung read the paper, his eyes went dead.

"When did this come?"
Asked Taehyung while gritting his teeths.
"Today, Morning."
"Why did you think it was not important to deliver this to me in the
Dawn?" He said in his stern voice.

"Apologies" Namjoon bowed.

"Hell with your apology Namjoon, how reckless and careless can you be?"

Jin who was still confused decided to ask Taehyung.

"What is it, Emperor?"
He asked, maintained.

"It's from the higher ups. It's a warning. Levi has been unleashed from hell"

"What the..What are you talking about? So sudden? No warnings from before?"

" Taehyung our land will be destroyed then."

" So now what can we do?" Asked Namjoon.

"Do what? Namjoon and Seokjin." He said while turning around to go to his office. The mentioned two were in a attention position with chests out.

"It's the holy war." And left.

The elder two looked at eachother.

" We should warn the people first, Jin. Can you order the military chief about it?"

" I will."

"Namjoon.."
He looked at him, Jin leaned towards him giving him a peck on his lip to calm him down. Caressing his hands on his cheeks, he wiped away the tears.

"It's alright.."

~~~~~~~~

Levi.
Who was Levi? What is he that the whole world fears him? What is it that he threatens? What is it that he want?

Feared by all the Gods for Heaven.
What is this evil?

They say all evil was an angel first.
It's all betrayals and lies.
What lie is so great to make him this destruction? What pain is this great to make him this numb?

It's all love.

Being in love with a girl for your whole life, went till all the measures for her, ready to die for her, but then it's all broken.
It all broke when she married someone else, his brother.

And being in love with your sister-in-law while bounded by all the restrictions seemed exciting for him.

But..

Why did she had to say no?

Why did Heather had to say no?

Was it because he didn't do the last thing she wanted him to do? Keep her safe? But he wanted avenge too, she rejected him ruthlessly, throwing away his feelings.

Or Was it because...

"H-heather no, hey please listen to me just this once" he said while sobbing and gasping for breathe.

She looked back, with pity on her face which broke the poor boy's heart.

"I-I can even die for you Heather.. please"

She paused. Looking at him again.
She spoke.

" It's easier to die, levi, would you try to live for me?"

That broke him, he's just a broken piece of glass, which is vicious and menacing. A little touch and you'll be wounded.

Levi is a calculating, ruthless man who can kill anyone.
Because he has no loved ones others can threaten him with.

And that is his greatest strength.

And weakness.