TWO

"Fucking hell Liam."

He was sure as hell hard to teach. I can't even get him to make muffins. If he can't make muffins, there's no way he's going to be making cupcakes anytime soon.

"It's not my fault I opened the flour bag the wrong way. They really need to put a sign up or something."

I narrowed my eyes at him as flour fell from his blonde curtains, dropping delicately onto the floor. I tried to look intimidating but it was a bit difficult considering I was covered with white powder. "You're kidding. Because of you, I literally look like I was just baptised with it and besides, they have one in the corner of the bag dipshit."

He flashed a grin showing me his pearly white teeth. "You look albino."

I scoffed. "Wow, thanks. Appreciate the compliment."

I brushed the flour off of my cheeks and grey shirt and watched as it fell onto the ground into a neat pile. I sighed, this is fantastic. More of a mess for me to clean up.

Liam broke the silence causing me to give him a side eye. "You've got something in your hair."

"No, really?"

He rolled his eyes as he stepped a few inches closer to me, brushing my hair with his hands and I observed the flour falling in front of my face. He knew exactly what he was doing and I hated it. I hated it because I actually kind of liked it. I tried so hard to keep my face it's neutral colour as he kept brushing the flour from within my curls. That was until he spoke up, interrupting the silence again and stepping back to his original position. "Can we make cupcakes now?"

I dusted the counter and brushed my hair to make sure he didn't miss anything. "Not until we make muffins. You know that."

He sighed dramatically. "Why are you so mean to me Blake? I'm so kind to you and this is what I get in return."

Yeah nice, have you seen what I look like right now? I ignore him. "You preheat the oven whilst I beat the eggs. Got it?"

It was silent for a moment so I took a quick glance over at him and saw that he was staring at the oven longingly like it's dog just died. It was like he was trying to figure out the oven's purpose or life story.

"Well fucking hurry up Liam, we don't have all day."

"I can't preheat an oven." He blurted out with a chuckle. "I pretty much only use the stove."

I stood there watching him as he continued to examine the oven, probably trying to figure out how to work it. I managed to trudge myself over to where he was standing and bent down with my knees cracking to the ovens height.

"All you have to do is turn it on with this button here," I say pointing to the small button on the left, "and then set it to the correct temperature with this dial switch."

"And what's the correct temperature?"

"For muffins it would be 190°C."

He followed my instructions and smiled at himself proudly for actually preheating an oven. I couldn't help but smile faintly at his stupidity. I beat the two eggs with the bakery's expensive handheld mixer and felt him watching over me.

"Ok, what now?" He asks impatiently still hovering over me like a bat, feet tapping impatiently.

"Can you spray the muffin trays with the cooking spray?"

"A please would be nice."

I sigh and roll my eyes. "Please?"

"Of course Blake. It's my pleasure." He snickered, patting my shoulder whilst I narrow my eyes at him. "Don't look at me like that Blakey, I just wanted some manners."