FOURTEEN

"It's not my fault that I don't like those types of movies. How about I pick?"

Liam kicked my calf causing me to lose my balance as I toppled onto him. I hit him in the chest before straightening myself up again. "Fine, be my guest."

I scanned the lists of movies before I found one that looked interesting and pointed to it. "How about that one?"

He raised his eyebrows in disbelief. "It's horror."

I placed my hands on my hips and tilted my head." So?"

He shrugged before chuckling a little and smiling down at me. "Just tell me if it scares you too much and I'll make sure to hold your hand."

"Shut up." Don't.

"Make me." He smirked, playfully twirling one of my brunette curls around his finger.

"Fuck off. Let's just go watch the dumb movie." I grabbed his wrist, dragging him so that we could buy popcorn and our tickets.

Once we settled ourselves into our seats, about a million ads played. We were starting to run out of popcorn and the movie hadn't even started yet. I decided to tell Liam that I was going to get some more because I was definitely going to get hungry later. As I walked out of the movie doors and into the main lobby, I noticed familiar black hair across the room. I tried to catch a glimpse of their face and once I did, I regretted it. It was my Dad.

What is he doing here? Shouldn't he be at home sleeping? It's the middle of the night so why is he out?

I also noticed that he was with somebody, but not just anybody; a lady.

The woman wasn't Mom though. She had long blonde hair and her face was lathered with makeup, safe to say that I had never seen her before in my life. Maybe she's Dad's coworker? I have to make sure that he doesn't see me here. Especially with Liam otherwise I'm so dead.

I tiptoed over to the popcorn machine and refilled the box while taking quick glances over at them, making sure that I couldn't be seen. Once I was sure that we had enough, I quietly made my way back over to the cinema's doors only to find that they were already ten minutes into the movie. Great.

"What took you so long?" He asked, taking the popcorn from my fingertips, our hands brushing slightly. "The movie's already started."

I sat down in my seat and looked at him. "No, really?"

He chuckled before eating some more popcorn and we continued to watch the movie in silence. There were barely any people here watching; an old man and two teenage girls that kept taking photos for their Instagram stories.

I flinched because of one of the jump scares and noticed Liam was watching me trying to hold in his laughter.

"Shut up." I whispered before turning back to the movie.

He rolled his eyes and took my hand in his. I looked over at him confused as he smiled. "I said I'd hold your hand, didn't I?"

I felt blood rise in my face and I was thankful for the darkness of the cinema that hid it. I turned to face the movie again but didn't pull my hand away. We watched the movie together in silence, discreetly holding hands underneath the armrest.

***

I woke up to the sound of my phone's notification. But ignored it for a little bit until it started to make me curious. I lifted it up to find Sofie's contact name. She had sent me a couple of texts.

Sofie - 10:34AM
Hi!
What time do you wanna meet at the beach?

I thought about it for a moment and checked the time. It was 11AM so she had sent this message around half an hour ago.