TWENTY FOUR

Liam had sent me texts but I couldn't find it in myself to respond. I didn't know how.

Mom was gone and took Rosie with her. Max, Sarah, and I were stressing. I didn't want to go down to the living room so I didn't. He just texted me that we will be having the talk soon and frankly I didn't really want to. I didn't know what I was going to say, or how to explain myself because he was right and he knew that. It was like checkmate.

I hid a lot of my drawings that were mainly celebrities or just scribbles of my emotions. Don't want to get into more trouble than I already am.

My bed felt a little bit more uncomfortable than Hayden's, suddenly wishing I was back there with them. They always felt like my second family.

I'm honestly a little proud of my heart. It's been stabbed, cheated, played, burned, and broken but somehow, it still works.

I left my headphones in my ears as I listened to the melody of Someone To Stay. It was warmer today, gaps of sunlight peaking through the clouds, some filtering through my window, but not enough to reach me. The door opened suddenly as dad walked in. I didn't move, still lying on my bed and staring at the wall. He grabbed my phone and pressed pause, the sound of silence now being the only thing I could hear. "I'm setting up rules for you, you will follow every single one."

I sighed into the pillow, sinking further into my bed, trying to hide. "I don't want to."

He chucked my phone onto the desk and ran a hand through his hair like some teenager. "Do you think I care? You are, and you will."

He waited for my response that was never going to come. I wish I just hadn't said anything, maybe then mom and Rosie would be home, I wouldn't be miserable, and Max and Sarah wouldn't be freaking out. I don't blame anyone. I did this to myself. It's my fault. Everything is my fault.

"Rule number one, no more of this stupid behaviour. No more drawing."

I tried to block it out, pull the covers over my head to try and escape but it was no use. I could still hear everything.

"Rule number two, no more seeing that boy. When you work with him, don't talk to him. I will be picking you up from now on and making sure it all stops."

I wanted to kick, scream, cry, or anything. I wanted to hurt him, but I knew I couldn't. I'm not strong enough. Weak.

"Rule number three, no sneaking out. There will be a lock on this window and a lock on all doors at all times."

He grabbed my phone again from the desk and put it in his pocket before walking out. He's probably going to block Liam if he reads my notifications. Just as I was about to get up and lock it behind him, I realised I couldn't do that. Not anymore.

Locks on all doors? Bullshit.

***

Sunday felt the same. I wasn't allowed out of the house since I was under house arrest or something and my phone was still taken from me, so I decided to just finish the history homework Polly had ripped up.

When Monday rolled around, my body was bouncing with nerves. I couldn't talk to Liam, and I knew it was going to hurt him. He will probably think I'm avoiding him - which I am - but I wished he knew I didn't want to. Dad woke me up since I didn't have my phone to set my alarm and mom still wasn't home. The house felt quiet and different. Usually there's bickering, mom making breakfast, or Rosie laughing at the cartoons she puts on in the living room.

The house just felt lonely now. Empty. Dad didn't make breakfast or anything, he just got ready for work. Sarah and Max were quiet. We all were which was rare, but things were different now.